Chapter 42

England, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes

Harriet was having fun with her 'parents' (Wolfstar) and the twins they even spent Halloween together remembering family with each other. later on as they were having fun an owl tapped on the window. Fred went over and let it in as it flew straight over to Sirius and landed in front of him and stuck its leg out. Sirius took the letter off and it immediately flew away.

"What is it Dad?" She asks him as he opens the letter. After him and Remus read it they hand it over to her as Sirius looked happy yet also nervous. Remus surprised but happy as he pulled Sirius into a hug. She looked down reading the letter. 

Dear Lord Black

Due to recent circumstances we have learned of your innocence. Peter Pettigrew has been found and it was proven that he was the Potters secret keeper and killed all the muggles when faking his death. We will still need you to head in for a trial to prove you are not a deatheater though. If you can do this then you will be free and come up with compensation for your time in Azkaban. Please come in on 14th.

Sincerely

Madame Bones

Harriet smiles at him as she hugs him tightly as the twins then read it. "He actually kept his word." She says happily. This caused all of them to look at her confused and then questionably. "What does that mean Prongslet?" Remus asked her as she looks startled. "I didn't mean to say that out loud..." Harriet whispers as Sirius suddenly grabbed her shoulders. "What did you do to get me free Harriet?" Sirius asked concerned.

She stammers for a second embarrassed, "Well I guess you could say I made a deal with the devil..." She says and giggled a little but none of them looked impressed. "Harriet what did you do?" Remus said annoyed. "Voldemort offered me a deal and I accepted it. As I said I have no intention to be part of this war and he appreciates that." Harriet said.

Remus and Sirius slumped into their seats worried. "What else did he want from you Prongslet? Tell us everything we want to make sure he isn't taking advantage of you." Remus asked seriously. "He wanted the full prophecy which I gave him and my location but I refused to give it. Which he said he understood." Harriet said as they seemed confused and didn't believe that was all.

"That's it?" Sirius asked, questioning that confused. "Yep that's it, though he seems to be constantly worried about me. Oh that reminds me, what does it mean when it says I'm Voldemort's horcrux?" she asks innocently. They all look at her aghast. Sirius sighs, looking at her seriously. "It is extremely dark magic, death magic. It means part of his soul is ingrained in your scar and as long as you live he can't truly die. No wonder he is worried about you and why Dumbledore already counts you as dead." Sirius says seriously.

After that they start focusing on Sirius's soon to come freedom and what to do next. They decided as much as Harriet wants to be there it might be best that she doesn't go as while Dumbledore is suspended from being part of the trial it still might not be safe. She agreed with her fingers crossed. The date was for in 2 weeks time. 

They also discussed the order, alliances and though they hated to admit it, being friends with Voldemort wouldn't be the worst for her. After that she had to get home,  She said her goodbyes to everyone and headed home with her portkey. Arriving at her house as she just crashed for the evening.