Chapter 5

On the morning of July 31st it is Harriet's potter birthday. Her thousands of copies of her letter were released to magical Britain as well as her other letters.

(The Letter to Magical Britain)

Dear the magical world of Great Britain,

I used to believe you were smart, that you were kind, and that you cared. The last few years of my life have shown this is a lie. First I was tortured and scolded by my own school mates, for something I didn't even understand. I was brought up in the muggle world and was so scared of myself for years only to be targeted for something I didn't know I was doing.

Parseltongue, a supposed dark talent. Just a for your information it's actually an honoured talent in many places around the world. Yet I was shunned for it, just so you know I couldn't actually control it, nor did I know I was doing it. I was just trying to protect another student. This wasn't only just for a few weeks but almost an entire year I was subjected to it, it only stopped when I saved my friend Ginny. Wanna hear the worst bit, the teachers did nothing to help or protect or defend me. The very people meant to protect students from this did nothing.

Let's continue on from that, how about the triwizard tournament? Do you remember that? Where I was entered into a dangerous, life threatening tournament against my will. The natural thing to do when an underage student is forcibly entered into a life threatening tournament is to help them, right? So what did you do? Did you help the poor girl that was scared and afraid? No, you targeted and gossiped about the 'attention seeker' that just 'couldn't have enough attention'.

You do realise that the only thing that 'gives me attention' is the fact that my parents were murdered in front of me. What in the world gives you the idea that I like being constantly reminded that I lost everything and my one chance at a happy life? Let me guess you believe I was spoiled and treated like a little princess growing up? That I never had anything to worry about?

You are wrong. I was actually physically, mentally and emotionally abused growing up. I didn't even know my real name until I was 5. I thought my name was freak or girl. They knew about magic and wanted to beat it out of me. If I didn't have magic I would have died. I'm guessing you don't believe me. That's ok because I have proof. On the back of this letter are fragments of memories and images of my injures over the years, hopefully your starting to see clearly without the wool still being over your eyes just because I'm seen as 'famous'.

If you still don't believe me or don't see this as enough evidence feel free to talk to the goblins I got an over the years injury scan done and my bank manager is holding onto it as well as other evidence. You may wonder why I'm bothering to do this and go this far; well it's simply to prove a point.

That you are abusive and horrible human beings that have done so much to an already hurt child. I wish I could see your faces right now as you realise everything you have done, including the last year of false news and calling me a liar. Ruining my reputation, going at me for defending myself and my cousin from dementors.

Then adding the ministers under sectary as a teacher that not only forced me to use a blood quill until 'I will not tell lies' is embedded in my hand but also did it to other students including first years. You should check your kids to see if it happened to them too.

Also just saying but maybe you should check Sirius blacks record as a lord he should have had a trail with a witness and a lawyer. He had none and he is innocent. Don't believe me? You should have learned by now, I don't lie. unlike your entire ministry.

In the back is the memory of when I met Peter Pettigrew, Both times. Isn't he supposed to be Sirius Blacks main victim and well you know, dead? Now as we getting to the end of this I want you to know, I'm not coming back. You're "chosen one" has left and is no longer doing your bidding and fighting for you.

You see I have had enough of everything you have put me through and since I'm 17 now and a counted adult and lady, there is nothing you can do about it. I know the laws now and I know my rights.

I'm sorry to my friends and family I have left behind without notice but I refuse to take further abuse by the magical community. Now learn to fight your own battles, this is not and should have never been my war. I was a child when you first forced me to fight and for some reason you thought that was right for some reason. I'm done helping you, fight your own wars.

Sincerely, Lady Potter.

(Attached in the envelope where photos and memories. including the ones with Umbridge using the blood quill on her and meeting peter Pettigrew both times.)