Chapter 9

Harriet's Birthday

Staff room at Hogwarts

As Severus Snape enters the staff room, he looks around at everyone reading Harriet's letter. Fillius looking frustrated and annoyed with himself for not realising. Pomona Sprout crying as Poppy Pomfrey comforts herself. Poppy confused on how she had never noticed anything wrong. That make Severus concerned as he assumed she was in the know but she must have been manipulated. 

Rolanda Hooch finally realising how she was so small and fast, a guilty look over her face, even though she had done nothing. Hagrid's full-blown sobbing could be heard from the outside through the open window, though Severus couldn't even be snidely about it this time. Now wasn't the time.

Looking over at McGonagall  he slowly approached her to talk to her. She looked up at him distracted and seeing her glare, Snape winces in worry. He backs off as she suddenly storms out of the room. Snape, Fillius and Sprout following behind her as she storms to Dumbledore's office. Taking them all inside and blasting the door open.

As they walk in, they see Albus vanishing dust off his clothes. A panicked look on his face, like everything is just falling apart for him. He must have just come from the order. Severus smirked slightly, knowing Sirius probably already blasting him. All of the teachers glared at him all of them having questions for him.

Dumbledore is clearly already distressed, looking over at Minerva he looks completely terrified at her glare. Snape almost feels sorry for him, before he remembers all the lies and promises of Harriet being spoilt. Dumbledore had made him make an unbreakable vow to protect her, cause of his insolence he could have died. 

"I told you those muggles were no good, but you assured me that you were checking on her! How dare you lie to me ands let her be abused like that! You are going to leave her alone until this dies down, then if your still alive you will apologize. Do you understand?" McGonagall screams at him angrily.

Dumbledore sighs frustrated. "None of you seem to understand. I did all this for the greater good. It was necessary." He says tiredly. "She has to be the perfect weapon; the prophecy clearly states she is the only one who beat him permanently. "

They look at him, like he is insane. "You lied to me Albus, you assured me that she was spoilt and wanted for nothing. Why would you do that?" Snape asks frustrated. McGonagall barely holding herself back.

"You had to hate her of course or none of this would work obviously." Dumbledore said angrily, obviously frustrated. Snape struggled holding himself back. "I'm not helping you, in fact I hope no one finds her and she gets the happy normal life she wants." Snape says snidely as he leaves angrily.

"You let a child be willingly abused and you think you can protect other children. You shouldn't even be allowed near children." Sprout says angrily. Proud of Severus as she and the others agree with him.

Fillius glares, planning to talk to the goblins that helped her so he can talk to her. Considering taking Snape with him from how he defends her. "I'm guessing none of you will help me then." Dumbledore says defeated and sad. "Of course not, your insane Albus!" McGonagall says disgusted as they all walk out. Leaving him alone. 

(How is this looking so far?)