Chapter 55

UK, London, Malfoy Manor 

Tom was having a very concerning time. As soon as Harriet was out of his sight he was already worrying. It only got worse as he got his shared diary with her and she didn't respond. He waited but even hours later there was no response. He tried to ignore the nagging feelings that something wasn't wrong. He had never felt this way and he didn't like it. He was desperately fighting his own urges to just lock her in a room or well mansion for protection. 

He felt her though, she wanted her soulmates and he respected that but if they failed in protecting her he would have to take this responsibility for them. He couldn't believe that someone he was so desperate to kill he was now so desperate to protect. 

He left it though and just continued his scheming and plans for the ministry.  He remembered that list that Harriet sent him. She truly does love and is loyal to those that are there for her. He respects that. She should have been a Slytherin or a Hufflepuff. 

After trying to distract himself he finally gives up and calls his inner circle to plan with them and despite trying to distract himself their conversation strays to Harriet. Severus was sad he missed her as he wanted to talk to his god daughter especially after what he put her through at school. 

Tom while participating in the conversation was worried about Harriet, Narcissa thought it was sweet how he kept checking the diary for a response. Then he felt it, agonising pain as if he was being stabbed or shot. He looked up in alarm, panting. "Tom what's wrong?" Natasha asks panicked as the others turn to him in alarm. 

"Harriet! Someone is hurting Harriet!" He shouts out as he realises it. The others look confused but Snape immediately understands. "Do we know where she is?" Snape asks as they shake their heads. They immediately start a search as Tom summons all his death eaters and send them on a hunt. 'Find Harriet alive and you get a reward better than life'

Tom glares as the hunt truly begins, He obviously can't trust those soulmates to protect his little Harriet. He would have to protect her himself.