Chapter 12

Inside Fudge's Office

Hearing a knock on his office door Fudge looks up and says "Come in," seeing Lucius enters he sighs relived. His hands holding the letter shaking slightly as Lucius sits on one of the chairs in front of the desk. "Have you see this yet, wait of course you have. What do we do about it? Any idea?" Fudge asks, obviously visibly concerned and unable to block his emotions.

Lucius takes a deep breath, wanting to solidify his pureblood mask. "Well we investigate the abuse case and look into Sirius blacks case. We want magical Britain to trust you and after this it will be hard." Lucius says, wanting to help.

Fudge nods, knowing after his slandering Harriet is coming back to bite him in the ass. "We... I need to make it up to Harriet publicly. How can I do that?" He asks anxiously to Lucius before they hear a knock on the door. Fudge desperately tries to straighten his posture. "Come in." He calls out.

Amelia walks into the office, looking surprised as she sees Lucius. Though keeps her composure and comes over and sits next to him opposite fudge. "So what did you wish to discuss Cornelius?" she asks. "I uhm just how we are going to deal with the case of abuse that Harriet Potter is claiming. Also about Sirius Black's case and a trial." He says slightly unsure. Almost as if looking at Lucius for support.

Amelia sighed, having expected something like that but unsure about having the conversation in front of Lucius, a known death eater. Having confirmed that Voldemort is indeed back made her nervous about trusting him. "Right, well with Dumbledore being her magical guardian makes the situation awkward but with her evidence that she provided we just have to check the memories of the muggles that abused her, and we will have enough evidence to put him in Azkaban." She said, trying to maintain professionalism. Lucius suddenly looked slightly surprised, he hadn't known Dumbledore was her guardian.

"Dumbledore? You're telling me the light lord let the lights saviour be abused?" Lucius asks in slight disbelief. Fudge looking uncomfortable as soon as Dumbledore is brought up. "Are you sure Dumbledore was even aware?" Fudge asks nervously as Amelia tries not to facepalm for the second time so far that day.

"Well it doesn't really matter if he was aware or not. As her magical guardian he should have been taking care of her. Instead, he left her unaware with muggles, didn't check on her and as such allowed her to be abused. No wonder she left." Amelia says frustrated. Lucius nods slightly agreeing as Fudge looks conflicted.

He sighs slightly and nods agreeing with her. "Alright, your right. I need you to investigate the case and set it up for as soon as but don't let Dumbledore know your going against him. Also set up Sirius a trail for as soon as, if he is innocent he will come to prove it. Finally we need to bring Harriet back, she is the saviour." He says, sounding serious though he looks anxious.

"Yeah that sounds good, and I'll set the cases up for as soon as possible. Though we can't force Harriet Potter back, she is of legal age to leave. "Amelia says, Looking tired and annoyed. Remembering all the letters back in her office waiting for her. Fudge looks frustrated, unsure how to deal with this situation and looking at Lucius for support.

Lucius looks between both of them, unsure what his lord would want him to do here right now. "Amelia is right but we might be able to convince her back for the trials for Lord Black and Dumbledore." Lucius says, trying to please both of them. "Then that is what we will try to do, your both dismissed for now." He says as they both leave the office. Amelia heading back to her office and Lucius heading back home. The fact his mark hadn't burned yet not comforting him at all.