Chapter 40

New York, Midtown Manhattan

A few weeks after the attack the soulmates started noticing something off about their sarcastic billionaire. People had been crazy since everything. The tower was finally rebuilt and named Avengers tower. The area was cleared up and places were rebuilt. Things were finally going back to normal.

Tony though was not his normal snarky self. He had been restless and spending a lot of his time locked up in work shop. Steve was worried, he didn't even know Tony that well but even he knew this wasn't healthy. He wasn't sleeping and he wasn't eating properly and surviving off of coffee. He had built way to many of his suits than should be possible for a human.

They enacted an intervention. "Hey Tony, can we talk?" Bruce said as he knocked on the work shop door. Tony reluctantly came out and he led him to the kitchen were Steve, Natasha, Clint were waiting with Loki and Thor who were stuck there as the bridge wasn't rebuilt yet and the tesseract was still missing.

After they convinced Tony for a check up Bruce discovered that he had PTSD from the attack as well as insomnia and panic and anxiety attacks. The team resolved to help Tony together. He was never left alone just in case he had any attacks so they could reassure him. They also wouldn't leave him alone at night. Helping him with some sleeping meds and making him eat even if only small amounts.

Loki helped Tony through processing his PTSD inside his mind. Slowly but surely Tony was recovering. Clint and Natasha realised that no matter how cocky he had been he had never been in a real war like that before and they felt bad as they supported him. He had been in fights before but he now wasn't only worrying and fighting for himself. 

A while later Natasha thought it was enough time that passed and even though it was public knowledge that they the classified Avengers stayed in Avengers tower their soulmate hadn't come to them. Even though she was a classified as an avenger just like them, Tony had agreed with the reporter from that day, partially at least. She was now know as the Avenger ' Sapphire Dragon'.

Hopefully she should like it. They hadn't had information or heard from her since the attack. Natasha and Clint spoke with Phil who assured them she was alright and with 'family' as she recovered. They asked for more information on her as none could be found in the database and he sighed and replied, "Look I'm sorry but it is above your security clearance. I'm sorry even though she is your soulmate. I can't tell you anything she would have to tell you herself."

As annoyed as they were they couldn't blame him. It was around this time Peter came back for Halloween break and boy was the cinnamon roll happy to meet everyone and for a time they forgot about the blue haired mystery. Peter absolutely loved that they were know as the Avengers and couldn't wait to possibly become one of them as Spiderman later on.

Peter informed them of some developments and Bruce helped Tony running more tests on Peters blood as recently he didn't need his web launchers anymore as he had started producing webs himself. It was strange and he was learning to control it. Thankfully with Loki's help he was able to get basic control before the next semester at college. 

(What do you think so far?)