part.3

"oi you look like you could use a friend!"

harry turns his head around to find a small figure walking towards him. When the person steps out of the darkness, they sit next to harry.

it was a boy with messy hair on his head and bright blue eyes. His cheekbones were sharp and there was a smile stretched on his lips. He was wearing a button up shirt with suspenders and on top of that a black coat with a pair of black skinny jeans.

"hi, I'm Louis Tomlinson" he takes his hands out of his pockets to shake Harry's hand, who was still frozen in place. He takes a while to just stare at the boy, narrowing his eyes slightly to notice every detail about him.

"well, are you gonna talk?" Louis jokes with a smile and Harry's eyebrows raise as his mouth quirks up into a smirk. Does he not know who harry is?

"I'm harry styles" harry shakes his hand and Louis nods. "I know that" he nudges Harry's shoulder softly and harry smiles. he knows that harry is the prince.

He likes Louis. He decides. Most people are too afraid to even maintain eye contact with Harry. But Louis, Louis is talking to harry as if they've been friends for years. He likes that.

Louis reaches for his pockets and takes out a cigarette package. He takes one and places his between his lips before turning to harry. "Want one?"

"No thanks I don't smoke" harry holds his hand up in a polite manner and louis shrugs before lighting the item up.

"So what's going on in that pretty head of yours" Louis asks as he takes a drag.

"nothing, just thinking about..work" the lie slips from his mouth. He's used to lying. It even makes it easier that his parents never seem to notice.

"oh loosen up, what's bothering you mate?" Louis nudges harry and harry sighs. He's not sure what this Louis wants and he needs to head back soon.

"what do you want?" Harry asks with a sigh. It slipped out of his mouth laced with more harshness that he had excepted.

Louis smile doesn't flatter.

"just want you to feel better" Louis gestures with his hands. He stands up and dusts his clothes before putting out his cigarette.

"well, it was nice meeting you harry. Hope I see you again" Louis smiles down on him and harry nods. Louis doubts harry would ever want to see him again, but it's worth a try.

when louis' figure becomes smaller and smaller in the distance, harry decides to finally make his way back to the castle. Kendall spots him first.

"where the hell have you been?" She hisses and harry raises his brow. "I told you I was doing something" she crosses her arms over her chest and glares at him.

"listen here, you and me are getting married in like two months so I suggest you tell me everything you do because secrecy is not my favorite thing" he waves her finger in front of harry and harry rolls his eyes.

the rest of the night is spent in dancing, chatting with fancy rich people, drinking champagne. Harry feels caged in. Never thought he'd need Louis so much at such times harry thinks as he sips on his drink.