11

it's 2:50AM.

Harry's still not asleep.

the dark sky is calming to everyone, but Harry. He feels like night time was made for him to just think about everything and hurt himself even more.

he throws the covers off his body and climbs off the bed, making his way to the giant window he always loved.

the sky is painted black, only a few stars shining through the foggy clouds. The moon is staring right back at Harry as Harry tiredly looks at it.

he's just about to return back to bed when he sees louis' tiny frame walk out of his little house, making his way to his usual spot, the hill.

Harry can't put a finger on why he just finds everything about Louis mesmerizing. The way he talks, the way he smiles, the way he makes a little dance Everytime he makes Harry laugh out loud.

so Harry takes his coat and puts his boots on and slowly walks downstairs, trying not to wake anyone up.

"where do you think you're going?" Harry hears a voice and immediately turns around, his soul leaving his body for a split second only to sigh in relief when he sees Alex standing, his arms crossed over his chest , looking like a dad.

"you scared the s—" Harry then remembers, no foul language. "—crap out of me!"

"I wasn't the one sneaking out at-" Alex checks his watch "-3:00am" he shoots back and Harry mantains rolling his eyes.

"why are you awake then?" Harry narrows his eyes and Alex rolls his eyes, oh how Harry wants to be able to do that.

"I just got here, I was doing work. I'm going to bed."  He says and Harry nods. They stand in silence for a while before Alex decides to break the quiet atmosphere.

"so are you gonna tell me where you're headed to?" Alex asks and Harry immediately stills, eyes darting over to where he can see Louis through the giant glass wall in the lower floor of the castle, where they're standing.

"uh, just fresh air?" He answers, but it comes out as a question. Alex slowly follows to where Harry's gaze is stuck and immediately smirks when he sees Louis sitting there, staring at the stars.

"alright have fun, and remember to actually breathe while you're out there" he mocks and Harry hits him on the back of his head. Alex turns around goes to walk upstairs but he hears Harry call his name.

"Alex?"

"yeah?" He looks over his shoulder.

"can you not tell anyone about this" he quietly says, toying nervously with his his fingers. At first Alex was definitely tease Harry and threaten to tell everyone about this, just to mess with him. But Harry looks so nervous, and scared right now.

"of course. Yeah. Have a good night" Alex promises and Harry smiles widely.  He puts his coat on before walking out if the castle, thanking himself for putting the coat on beforehand as the cold breeze slapped him in the face.

he pulls the fabric around his body tighter and walks to where Louis is sitting, completely unaware of anything that's happening around him, just focusing on the sky.

he seems so calm, too deep in thought, Harry doesn't want to disturb him. but he's lonely and no one understands him better than Louis.

he places the large palm of his hand on Louis back, breaking Louis bubble. Louis startles and jumps in his place.

"Jesus!" Louis puts his hand on his chest, where his heart rests and sighs. "You scared me"

"I'm sorry!" Harry barks a laugh out. "I didn't mean to scare you" he takes a seat next to Louis on the cold ground and wraps and arm around himself.

"I mean, it's three in the morning, do you really expect me to not freak out when I feel a hand being placed on my back?" Louis rambles and Harry shrugs.

"it's like you're on alarm mode all the time" he laughs and Louis smiles. They sit in silence for a while, Louis watching the sky with a faint smile on his face as Harry watching him with a find smile on his face.

"Louis! You must be freezing!" Harry then exclaims when he sees the thin fabric louis' wearing. He's wearing a black shirt with a pair of black skinny jeans.

"I'm fine" Louis answers but Harry ignores him.

"you're gonna catch a cold!" He rambles as he begins to take his coat off.

"Harry I'm fine really-" Harry forces the coat over Louis shoulders and Louis stares at him.

"I don't want you to catch a cold" he pouts when Louis just stares at him. slowly, louis' face breaks into a smile.

"you done?" He asks, amused. Harry Huffs.

"very romantic of you, Mr styles" Louis teases and Harry gasps.

"Romantic my a—" Harry pauses. He can't curse.

"What's wrong?" Louis asks as he notices Harry's smile slowly Fading away.

"Nothing just-"

"You can't curse" Louis says, it's not a question, more of an answer.

"yeah" Harry lowly answers.

instead, Louis wraps his arm around Harry's shoulders.

"I don't think cursing defines you as a bad person, they're just words" Louis advises. Harry looks up at Louis and smiles.

"you're gonna be a bad influence on me aren't you" he pokes Louis nose and Louis tries to bite his finger.

"hey leave me alone!" Harry laughs out as Louis starts to tickle him. They end up both laying on the floor after the tickling session.

"the stars are beautiful" Harry informs, staring at the now black and blue painted sky with a few white dots known as stars.

"they really are" louis' not looking at them. Louis' looking at Harry.

slowly, Louis stars to move next to Harry more, Harry opening his welcoming arms and Louis cuddles into him, laying his head on Harry's chest.

"they really are" Louis confirms once again, staring at Harry's face, not once bothering to look at the stars.