22

okay , perhaps dating Louis at such times was not the greatest idea to ever cross Harry's mind.

he's well aware of the effect the smaller boy has on him. How every time he sees him smile, his heart hammers in his chest, almost as if it wants out. How every time those tiny arms are wrapped around him, his problems seem to fade away, only existing when louis' not near him. How each time Louis pokes his face where his dimples exist, he turns into a soft puddle of fond.

but he's also well aware that the wedding is in two weeks. In two weeks he's going to be tied to an unhappy marriage , where it's going to be all fake smiles and kisses and cuddles. he could talk to his father, but thats even worse that being tied to an unwanted marriage.

he looks to his right, where louis sleeps soundly. Even when he's unconsciously existing, his beauty still goes unnoticed.

he leans down and presses his lip to louis' head, where his hair is pulled in a fringe and plants a soft kiss, the gesture causing Louis to slightly smile in his sleep.

he stands up from the bed, taking all his thoughts with him as he steps out of the room.

he walks downstairs to find his family gathered around the dinning table. His father was wearing an angry look on his face, eyebrows furrowed in anger, a frown stretched on his lips. While Anne was supporting a worried look on her face. And Kendall was acting innocent, too innocent to be innocent.

"good morning?" He cocks his head to the side as he reaches his seat. His father coldly looks at him, making the boy shiver.

"We, need to have a talk."

Harry's heart drops to the floor. He looks around, noticing that she's ignoring his gaze while Kendall is innocently cutting a piece of bread with a knife on her plate, tilting her head so he wouldn't see the grin she has on her face.

"sure, I'll be right in your office" Harry says just as Louis sneakily walks into the room.

"anything I can help with?" He sounds sleepy. He offers Harry a smile before turning his attention back to Des, who was harshly glaring at the boy.

"go to my office."

not this again.

Harry's heart starts beating louder in his chest. He takes a look at Louis who looks extremely scared, but nods nevertheless.

"Will do, sir." His voice wavers. He walks into the office, Harry following suit.

"what's happening?" Louis asks when they're inside. His eyes are wide and glassy, his breath is coming out harshly.

"I don't know, we'll see" he brings a hand up Louis face and runs his thumb over Louis cheekbones. They hearfoot steps and they immediately pull apart.

the door open, and Des walks in. He puts his arms behind his back and walks over to his desk.

"you know Harry, the wedding is after two weeks." Des starts after a beat of silence.

Harry nods.

"and I don't like how you're acting with, him" he loosely gestures to Louis, insisting in proving how he's nothing important.

"father, we talked about this-"

"he's leaving" Des declares coldly.

the room falls silent.

"what?" Harry asks. He's not sure if he's heard that right. Louis looks as pale as a ghost, but he keeps his head high.

"he's leaving." Des repeats.

"no he can't leave. It's his job here its not his fault that's you're an unfai-" Harry starts but Des interrupts him.

"or if you want, you can leave."

is he joking.

"I'm the prince" Harry hisses. He glances at Louis to make sure he's okay. He's not , but he offers Harry a small smile, that even though doesn't reach his eyes, is still comforting.

"so, you choose between who's leaving." Des shrugs and sits on his desk, sipping on his wine glass as he stares at Louis in the eyes. Louis maintains eye contact.

Harry's mind is racing, though he's not sure if he's even thinking. He can't leave , he's the prince, but he also can't let Louis leave.

"You know , you really are turning out to be a disappointment." He's using Harry's fears. He knows Harry's as weak as a wooden stick when his father calls him a disappointment.

his biggest fear is disappointing his father.

"this is your last chance to fix yourself Harry" Des continues.

"no I promise, I'll do better! I won't disappoint you again" Harry sounds frail , vulnerable and - scared.

Des smirks.

after beating his brains out, thinking about the situation he's in. He finally looks up and meets the eyes of his father, and also the person who ruined his life.

"I have decided."

"what could that be, son?"

he takes a deep breath in.

"louis' leaving.''