It was Isla's maybe third or fourth time in Shahzain's penthouse. First after she had returned.

Tears were flowing out of her eyes as she applied antiseptic on Shahzain's knuckles thinking how it must be hurting him.

"Rona band karo Isla. Kuch nahi hua hai." Shahzain spoke gruffly.
"Kaise nahi hua hai? Itni zor se maara tha aapne usko. Adhmara sa ho gaya tha. Aur dekhein, kitna khoon hai aapke haath par." Isla mumbled teary eyed.

"Vo deserve karta hai. Agli baar tou chhodunga nahi agar waapis tumhare baare me kuch bola tou. Aur waise bhi mujhe nahi lagi. This blood is all his." Shahzain responded.

The city at the night was visible due to the high end windows.
It appeared so beautiful.

Shahzain had discarded his coat long back and his shirt buttons were open, muscular chest at display in front of her

He had made her sit in his lap because she was sniffling continuously and it was getting hard for her to treat his knuckles.

"Dard ho raha hai?" She asked innocently.
"Ho raha tha. Par you treated it na. Ab theek hai." He softly spoke back.

"Dekhein, aapki shirt par bhi blood hai." Isla pointed to the red spot on his shirt and continued "Isko utaar de. The sight doesn't look good."

"Waah Biwi. Apne shohar ka fayda uthaya ja raha hai." Isla didn't know Shahzain would tease her.

"Tou mat utaare. Pehne rakhein. Fir me nahi baithungi aapke paas." Isla spoke turning to the other side.

"Accha accha maafi. Utaar raha hu. Bas tum door mat jao kahin bhi." Shahzain's sentence had left her a blushing mess.

He threw the shirt in a corner and then proceeded to caress her hair, his fingers making their way through her soft and silky hair.
She didn't realize when she leaned into him more, finding a comfortable spot for her face in his neck, his beard prickling against her soft cheeks.

"M...Mir?" She whispered.
"Hmm?" Shahzain hummed back in response.

"Maine aapko bohot miss kiya tha. I...I am sorry I never picked your call the whole year. It was hard for me I swear. But hamesha me kisi bhi family member se baat karti thi, mera ghar waapis aane ka man karta tha." She softly said.

"Sorry tou mujhe bolna chahiye Isla. Sab kuch meri wajah se hua tha. You l...left me because of my mistake. We l..ost our daughter just because I had shouted on you..."

Shahzain was saying things when Isla stopped him "Sirf aapki galti nahi thi. Maine bhi jaldbaazi ki wajah se dhyaan nahi diya a...and..." Isla choked down on her own words as tears again appeared in her eyes of that fateful night.

"Meri jaan, rou na. It's better if we won't talk about this. I realized it took us long to move ahead after what happened and me nahi chahta ki hum waapis ghum me shaamil ho jayein. Hamari beti hamesha hamare saath rahegi. Hamare dil me." Shahzain ended kissing Isla's forehead and she smiled while nodding.