💫

Shower this with comments and make me happy now that I am taking out time to write for you between the wedding preparations!

Ayesha <3

_______________

"Mubarak ho! It's a girl." The nurse announced stepping out of the OT.

Dua was in labour for straight 5 hours and Noor was shocked and worried to the core for her sister.
They weren't meant for such pain.

She wanted to scream at her Musa Bhai for getting her Aapi pregnant so soon.
Because Dua was just 21 and even more petite than Noor.

Sometimes Noor wondered how Dua handled Musa, his behaviour and anger because Dua looked like a midget in front of Musa.
Musa was a buff man. Had always been. So intimidating for the two sisters in a house like theirs.

A small baby was wrapped in a pink towel in the nurse's hands which she handed over to Musa who had gone dumbstruck.

He took the baby with shivering hands.
His hands were shivering with hesitation for the first time ever in his life.
The never even shivered when he killed people for the first time.

His daughter was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen.
He kissed her forehead, trying not to scare her with his scruffy beard. She was so small in his hands that he was scared he would do something to the fragile baby with his rough hands.

And he realized that his daughter looked just like Dua. Just like her mother. She was a little version of his wife.

Noor was even hesitant to go to her Musa Bhai even though she badly wanted to hold the baby. She had become a Khala.

Zaviyar could see her hesitation how she was fiddling with her fingers on her lap or how she fisted the dupatta draped across her to control.

Her brothers and cousins had formed a circle around Musa who was holding the baby, not leaving any chance for Noor to see the small child of her Aapi.
Her brothers and cousins were all meanies.
They were selfish even with the youngest daughter of the house that was her.

She knew that now there was no chance she would get to hold the baby or even see her once in front of her eyes anytime soon.

Her head was bowed downwards as she prayed for her sister and the newborn girl child, thanking Allah for this blessing and to keep Dua safe now that she had another responsibility on her shoulders.

And what shocked her was a soft and small structure was placed in her hands as she opened her eyes.
Musa was standing in front of her as he placed his daughter in her Khala's hands.
All before the other brothers of his could hold.

Noor's mouth was left ajar as she looked at Musa and he just nodded looking at his daughter urging Noor to hold her.

"Y...Ye A...Aapi..." Noor couldn't process words seeing the baby.
"Jaanta hu. Bilkul Dua par gayi hai." Musa's gruff voice was heard.

The baby was beautiful. Most beautiful she had ever seen.
She looked out of place for a family like theirs where everyone was nothing but scary.
Noor was even scared to know what her brothers and father could do to the child.

For this she could only pray to Allah to give some sense to the men of the family before it was too late.

This wasn't the Musa he had always been.

Why was he hesitant to enter the VIP room arranged where Dua was resting in. She is his wife.
The same wife he never cared about. The same wife he to whom he never showed that he was there was her. The same wife he loved.