Orientation

Kara woke up early in the morning and looked over, expecting to see emptiness and space. She had nearly forgotten that she was on Earth now, living with the Danvers family. It had only been a week since she had arrived and she wasn't really settling in. Alex had woken up at around the same time and they had a stared down, both knowing that it was race on to get to the bathroom first.Kara, of course, used her super speed and got there first. She stuck my tongue out at her new sister before slamming the door. Kara couldn't see her but she could tell that she was rolling her eyes.

"C'mon girls! Breakfast is ready and today is a big day!" They heard Eliza yell.

"Hurry up you dummy!" Alex said banging in the door.

"Yeah yeah! I'm almost done." She said, rolling her eyes. She slid the brush through her hair and stared at herself in the mirror. She gave herself a smile before walking out of the bathroom.

"All yours, your highness." Kara said, jokingly as she allowed Alex to go into the bathroom.

"Whatever." She said, rolling her eyes and pushing past Kara. She quickly ran into the bedroom that Alex and Kara share. She picked an outfit for the day, black leggings and a maroon colored T-shirt.

She made her way downstairs and saw Eliza and Jeremiah kissing along with 2 plates of pancakes on the dining table.

"Yuck." Kara said, to the older couple before sitting down. They chuckled a bit before coming over to the table with two plates of their own. Soon enough Alex came and sat down next to her at the table. They all started chowing down on the delicious breakfast.

"Are you girls ready for orientation?" Eliza asked, breaking the silence.

"Yup." Alex said before taking another bite of her food.

"I'm not sure.." Kara mumbled. "I feel nervous about today. I'm not really sure what high school entails? We don't have it on... We didn't have it on Krypton.."

"You'll be fine, Kara. High school isn't as bad as I'm sure you think it is." Jeremiah assured her. Kara smiled and nodded before finishing her meal and taking her plate to the sink. She rinsed it off, making sure no syrup was left on the plate and stuck it in the dishwasher.

She watched television on the couch until it was time to leave for orientation. As she got in the car, she felt her heart speed up. The car ride there felt never ending to the young girl even though it was only a 5 minute drive.

They stepped out the car and Kara saw many other people her age. She began to feel very overwhelmed as her ears began ringing. Unintentionally picking up all of the conversations happening through the school with her super-hearing.

Kara cried out in frustration, collapsing to the ground and covering her ears.

"Kara what happened, sweetie?" Eliza said, kneeling down and putting her hand on Kara's shoulder.

"I see and hear everything, everyone.." Kara said, with a tear in her eye. The ringing hadn't stopped yet. Jeremiah ran back to the car and returned a minute later carrying a pair of glasses.

"Put these on, Kara. They are lined with lead and should help that pain go away." He said, handing Kara the pair of glasses. She quickly put them on and it seemed to help almost instantly. At least she was able to focus on her hearing without worrying about her vision. Luckily, nobody in the school had noticed. Alex seemed a bit worried but said nothing. Nothing that Kara could remember at least.

"Are you alright now, hun?" Eliza asked. Kara nodded and started walking towards the large school We made our way to the Principal's office.

As we entered the office Kara saw what she assumed to be the principal, although Kara noted that he didn't look like royalty. She pondered if it could be one of his guards.