Streaky

She woke up the following morning, earlier then she had planned. The clock said 5:45 so she groaned and attempted to fall back asleep, but found herself restless. This must be because she fell asleep so early last night. She eventually crawled out of bed and kept her clothes on from the previous day. She took Jeremiah's advice, and found herself slipping on some tennis shoes to go on a walk. She stumbled outside and noticed that the streets were relatively empty, since it was so early on a Sunday.

She focused on the scenery as she walked. She had never gone this way, and was surprised by all of the different plants that surrounded her as she found herself on a path in the middle of the woods. A smile crept onto her face as she felt comfort in this environment.

Meow

"What was that?!" Kara exclaimed, assuming the worst. She looked around, unable to find anything and ultimately assumed that her mind was playing tricks on her. She continued walking around, tuning into the sound of birds chirping. They didn't have birds on Krypton, or really any of the animals that Earth has, so she found the sound very intriguing and somewhat relaxing.

Meoww

Kara snapped her head in the direction of the sound, unable to find anything but a bird. She walked towards it, as she had never heard a bird make that sound and she was interested in why it sounded so different from the other birds. The bird flew away as she approached it, causing Kara to sigh and continue her walk.

MEOWWW

"What the-!" Kara started to scream as she faced towards the sound, but found herself staring at the cutest thing she had ever seen. She had read about these, about cats. She knew that they were a delicate species, but could hold their own in the wild. However this one appeared to be a younger cat, probably around 6 or 7 months old. She had done loads of research on them, since she had previously wanted one as a companion.

"Hi there, kitty cat." Kara smiled and kneeled down onto the ground. "I wish I had some food for you." She frowned.

Meoww

"You're so pretty." Kara said, as she admired the kittens shining black fur. "Do you want to stay right here while I get you something to eat?"

The cat sat down as she said this, almost as if he understood what she had said. Kara nodded and stood up.

"Stay right there." Kara repeated before she took of into the sky and headed towards the towns pet store.

As she walked inside, she headed towards the cat section and started looking for something that looks good enough for the kitten to eat. She scanned the isle and looked at a few of the bags to make sure the ingredients were good before deciding on what she thought seemed like the best one. She brought it up to the register, and the cashier scanned the bag. The total came to more then Kara thought it would be, but pulled the money out of her small wallet anyways and bought the food. She carried it outside and once out of the publics view, she took off into the sky. She landed right where she had left, but found no trace of the young cat. She sat the bag down on the ground next to her and frowned.

"Here kitty kitty!" She called out. Nothing. She pouted and picked up the expensive bag of cat food before walking home. She set the bad of cat food in the corner of the room, noticing that it was only 6:45 and everyone else was still asleep. She took this time to lay back in bed to try and take a nap.

  A few weeks had passed since she last seen the cat. She was getting worried that something happened to her poor little kitty friend. She went outside early every morning, walking the same path, holding the huge bag of cat food.