First Day Of School Pt.2

Kara Danvers POV

Biology class went by fairly quickly. Although, I would look over at Lena and could tell she was nervous. I hope she isn't too worried about meeting my friends. I don't think they'll judge her too much. I know I have to meet James after lunch which I completely forgot that I was grounded. I'm not sure how I'm gonna make plans when I'm not allowed to leave the house.

"Are you alright, Lena?" I asked. People started to exit the room.

"I'm fine. Just a tad bit nervous." She said as she got up out of her seat.

"If you aren't comfortable yet, that's ok.." I said, although I'm really hoping that she comes.

"No.. I'll be fine. It'll be good to meet new people." She gave me a crooked smile. We walked out of the classroom together and she went to her locker first. I headed to mine while she put some stuff away and met up with Winn.

"Hey Winn. I hope you don't mind, but I invited Lena to sit with us." I said.

"Oh uhm.. I don't know Kara.." He said.

"I promise that she's super nice! She's just nervous." I said.

"Fine. But one mistake and she's out. Sam really doesn't trust her." Winn said.

"Thank you!" I hugged him. He coughed a few times but hugged me back.

"Wow.. You're very strong." He said. I loosened my grip.

"Oh! I'm so sorry.. I uh.." I said.

"No worries!" He chuckled.

"Thanks. Now lets get to lunch. I'm starving." I said. I went to meet up with Lena and Winn followed me.

"Hey, Lena!" I said. Winn stayed behind me.

"Hey.." She said. I pushed Winn in front of me.

"My name's Winn." He said, shyly.

"I'm Lena.. But you probably knew that already.." She reached her hand out. Winn hesitated before shaking her hand.

We headed to the cafeteria and got in line. I saw Alex a few spots ahead and attempted to say 'hi' but she ignored me. The lunch lady slapped some food down on my plate. I'm not quite sure what it is, it looks nothing like what Eliza makes. Lena had a lunch from home so she patiently waited while me and Winn got food. Sam and Nia were already sitting down at a table. I don't think either of them know that I invited Lena to eat with us.

We made our way once we got to the table and I noticed that Sam and Lena made eye contact. Lena froze up so I stopped beside her.

"Kara I don't think this is a good idea. Sam hates me." She said.

"Oh.. Well if you don't feel comfortable you don't have to but I'm sure it'll be fine!" I attempted to reassure her.

"She can sit here." Sam said quietly.

"See! It'll be fine." I said.

"Ok.." Lena said. We sat down next to each other at the table and I noticed a lot of tension between Lena and everyone else.

  Everyone remained quiet. I wasn't sure if I could say anything to make the situation better. Lena seemed sad almost and Sam almost seemed angry. I'm not entirely sure what happened between them, but I kinda feel bad knowing that I was the one that brought all of this tension to the table.

"Are there second servings here?" I asked, looking around.

"No. Would you like this half of my sandwich? I'm not really hungry." Lena offered.