First Day Of School Pt. 1

Kara's POV

Beep Beep Beep Beep

  Alex and I both woke up to our alarms. We got out of bed quickly and smirked at earth other before racing to the bathroom. I, of course, won the race and quickly got myself ready. I ran back to the bedroom and got some nice clothes on before making sure everything I needed was in my backpack.

"C'mon girls! The bus is here!" Eliza called out. I took a look at myself one last time in the mirror and took a deep breath.

  I can do this. It's just high school.

I nodded and ran downstairs, using my super speed of course.

"Kara. Remember no powers in school." Jeremiah said. I looked at him and nodded. He handed me a 'pop-tart' and told me to eat it on the bus. I'm not sure what a pop-tart is, but I guess i'll eat it.

  "Come on, Kara!" Alex yelled as she ran out of the door. I quickly smiled at Jeremiah and Eliza and ran out of the door. I made it to the bus just in time and Alex sat down with her friends. I scanned the bus for an empty seat but there wasn't one. We must be one of the last stops. I decided to sit next to the boy that I saw during orientation, the one that likes computers. I think his name is Winn?

  I put my backpack on the floor in front on the seat and sat down next to him. He looked over and me and moved over a bit, allowing me to have more room.

"You're name is Winn, right?" I said, I noticed my Kryptonian accent starting to take over. It tends to do that when I'm nervous but I'll try to keep my cool.

  "Yeah.. Sorry I don't remember your name but I remember you from orientation." He said.

  "The names Kara.. Kara Danvers." I smiled and reached my hand out.

  "I didn't know Alex had a sister." He shrugged and reached his hand out. I shook his hand firmly but made sure I didn't break it. "Wow.. Strong shake."

  "Thanks. I uh work out? Eliza told me that the best way to give off a good imp.. imper..." I lost my train of thought. What was the word Eliza used...? "Impression!" I quickly said.

  "Oh uh.. What happened?" Winn asked.

  "Er.. English isn't my first language. I'm adopted." I said.

"Oh thats cool! What is your first language?" Winn asked, sitting up a bit. I could tell he was getting into the conversation.

  bryeur (crap) I thought. I don't know any other languages. It was hard enough learning this one.

"Uhm... Russian?" I said. I was watching a show the other day and this 'Russian Mans' accent sounded like of like mine in a way.

  "Oh thats cool! Maybe you can teach me someday?" He suggested.

  "Yeah, maybe!" I shyly smiled.

  "What's your schedule? Maybe we have some of the same classes together." Winn asked.

  "Oh here." I reached into my bag and pulled out the schedule. I showed it to Winn.

———————-
  Kara Danver's Schedule
8:00am-8:55am: Mrs. Dean ; English
9:00am-9:55am: Mr. Bernard ; Algebra
10:00am-10:55am: Mr. Prince ; Physical Education
11:00am-11:55am: Mrs. Cooper ; Biology
12:00pm-12:55pm: Lunch/Break
1:00pm-1:55pm: Mr. Brian ; U.S. History
2:00pm-2:55pm: Ms. Scoggins ; Spanish
———————-

"I think we do have a few classes together.." He reached into his bag and pulled out his schedule.

———————-
  Winn Schott's Schedule
8:00am-8:55am: Mrs. Dean ; English
9:00am-9:55am: Mr. Brian ; U.S. History
10:00am-10:55am: Mr. Prince ; Physical Education
11:00am-11:55am: Mr. Bernard ; Algebra
12:00pm-12:55pm: Lunch/Break
1:00pm-1:55pm: Ms.Cooper ; Biology
2:00pm-2:55pm: Mr. Brett ; Computer Class
———————-