Nightmares

Kara Danver's POV

    I woke up in my comfy bed on Krypton. Woah. Was that all a dream? It was more like a nightmare. I'm just glad I'm no longer on that awful planet, Earth. Suddenly, my mom came rushing into my room. Oh no..

  "Kara, hunny. We have to go!" She said, grabbing my hand. The ground started to violently shake. No.. No please..

   She rushed me to a secret port where I saw my little cousin, Kal-El being sat into a pod and kissed goodbye. His pod flew off into space.. No! Don't go..

  "Kara. Earth's yellow sun will give you.." My mom started. I zoned out, I couldn't pay attention. I wouldn't! I can't leave them behind! I can't... This can't be happening. It can't be true..

  She kissed my forehead and walked me to the pod. She set me in and kissed my forehead one last time. I looked into her tear filled eyes. She whispered. "Goodbye, Kara"

  "Mom please! Don't..... go.." I screamed as my pod shot off. I turned back towards Krypton. Boom. It was gone. Just like that, all of my family, my friends, my life. Everything but me and Kal-El was gone.. Gone forever.

  I screamed, screamed into space. I screamed at my Mom and my Dad. I screamed at Rao. I screamed at whoever was listening.

  "Kara! Wake up, Kara!" I heard someone screaming. It was muffled but I could make out what they were saying.

  "Kara!"

  I snapped back into reality. Alex, Eliza and Jeremiah were all surrounding my bed. I gasped and started sobbing. Eliza started hugging me tight. I could hardly breathe. They were all gone, again. All of it.

  "It.."

  "Was.."

  "Awful!" I paused in between each word, trying to catch my breath. At this point I was a teary mess.

  "Shh... Kara.. It's ok hunny. We are right here for you.." Eliza said. I nodded and started to slow my breathing down. I looked over at Alex who looked like she had just seen a ghost, she genuinely looked worried for me. She turned away after I looked at her.

   Eventually, I had calmed down enough for Eliza and Jeremiah to feel comfortable leaving me. I looked over at the clock. 4:17. I turned to look at Alex who was climbing back into her bed.

  "I.. I'm sorry for waking you.." I said, quietly.

  "It's fine, Kara. Goodnight." She said, pulling the covers over her and turning away from me. I sighed and laid in bed. I stared at the ceiling for what seemed like hours. I knew I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep. I grabbed my animal book and turned to a new page. It was about snakes. I started reading it and quickly decided that I hated them, although it's fascinating that they can move around with no arms or legs.

  Slowly, the sun started to rise and I got out of bed at 7:15. I hadn't slept since I had woken up from that awful nightmare. Alex was still sleeping so I decided to get ready for the day. I walked slowly to the bathroom and turned on the shower. I let the water warm up for a minute before stepping in.

   The water ran down my back. It felt nice to take a shower, it was a good way to start or end the day. I lathered my hair with shampoo before rinsing it out and doing the same with conditioner. I took my time showing as Alex was still asleep.  I stepped out of the shower and dried myself off with a towel. I got on some comfy clothes. As I left the bathroom I saw Alex heading towards it. Perfect timing. Neither of us said a word to each other.

I made my way downstairs and poured myself a bowl of cereal. I sat down at the table with Eliza. Jeremiah apparently had some sudden business trip for work.