Dinner

"Hey! Give that back you dummy!"

  "Never." He said, followed by laughter.

  "I need that! Give it!" She said.

  "Jesus you guys can't function without us." Lena said with a smirk.

  "Lena! Kara!" Sam exclaimed.

  "Took you guys long enough. Nia got here a few days ago." Winn said.

  "Where is Nia?" Kara asked, looking around.

  "She said something about dreaming? I'm not sure exactly. She seemed really panicked and was talking very fast." Winn shrugged. Lena and Kara shared a knowing look.

"Will you just give me my fricking phone back?!" Sam tried to reach for it once again, but Winn raised his hand even higher.

  "Not until you tell me the mystery person you've been messaging." He smirked.

  "Ughhh!" Sam groaned.

   "Winn." Lena glared at him.

  "Fine take it." He said, lowering his hand and handing her the phone.

  "Hah! Thanks, Lena." Sam smiled.

  "Now you have to tell me who you've been messaging." Lena crossed her arms.

  "Ugh you guys suck." Sam groaned. "His name is Kenny."

  "Kenny Li?" Kara asked.

  "Yeah, him." Sam said.

  "I've met him. Well, I've bumped into him. Twice. One of those times I was walking barefoot through the neighborhood eating a big bag of chips." Kara said.

  "Do I even want to know the story behind that?" Lena chuckled.

  "Eh. It was after Eliza and I got into a fight. I was too distraught to remember shoes but I was still really hungry so I took the chips and left. Then Kenny let me look through his telescope." Kara said.

  "Well, we met over winter break since I needed help with my algebra work. He's actually really nice once you get to know him." Sam said.

  "You should see Kara's algebra skills. I'm pretty sure she's never failed a question." Lena said.

  "Correct. I have gotten 102% on every piece I've turned in. I have a 100 in Biology too. But my English and History grades are really bad." Kara said. "Well, they aren't really bad since Lena helps me. I have a B- in history and a C+ in English."

  "102 on every piece?! What the hell." Sam exclaimed.

  "I'm pretty sure she's also the most physically fit person in the school. She's always called up for demonstrations because she can do so many things effortlessly." Winn said.

  "She knocked out Lex in the hospital and then carried him to a bed." Lena said.

  "Lena! I thought we were keeping that between us!" Kara exclaimed.

  "Well, I'm still very confused on how you did that." Lena crossed her arms.

  "Self defense classes were required in Kaznia. I learned a thing or two." Kara said.

  "You knocked out Lex Luthor?! Gimmie five." Sam raised her hand up in the air.

  "Give you what?" Kara asked.

  "You've never given a high five before? Are you kidding me?" Sam said.

  "I can't say that I have." Kara shrugged.