Callen

Friends. Kara was fine with just friends. In fact, she preferred it, knowing that dating Lena wouldn't make her help her cope with Mon-El's death like she thought it would. She took some time to understand herself, and became comfortable with who she was for the first time since she arrived on Earth. She started to blossom back into her normal self with the help of her friends.

"Damn it, Maggie! Give me the fricking rock!" Alex yelled as she chased Maggie around the field.

"You'll have to catch me first!" Maggie laughed and continued running.

Kara and Lena were near the side of the field, sitting on the bleachers and watching them. Neither of them said a word, as they remained awkward around each other after their odd interaction a few weeks back. Kara planned what to say, to relieve some of the tension that lingered in the air.

"So.. I can't believe it's almost Summer." Kara said, looking down at her feet.

"Yeah.." Lena nodded. "Almost sophomores"

"Sophomores.." Kara repeated.

"Yep." Lena said before diverting her attention back to the couple on the field.

Alex was gaining on Maggie, nearly touching her back. Maggie started to hysterically laugh, causing her to slow down just enough for Alex to tackle her to the ground. They both rolled on the ground in a fit of laughter as Alex tried to ply the rock from Maggie's hands. Once she succeeded, she raised the rock in the air with her left hand, yelling out in victory. She then leaned down and planted a kiss on Maggie's lips.

Kara coughed as she looked away from the two. "So uh.. What's so special about that rock anyways? I've seen Alex have it on and off for a few months now."

"It's.." Lena started to chuckle. "It's a group custody thing we made up.."

"Group custody? Please, tell me more." Kara grinned as she raised an eyebrow.

"Every week the rock goes home with someone different in the group. It's like our group kid. It's kind of stupid, but you know.. It's fun." Lena shrugged.

"That's cute.." Kara smiled. "What's it's name?"

  "Callen." Lena said.

"That's interesting.. Why Callen?" Kara asked.

"Well, the word Callen comes from Irish origins. It means rock.." Lena shrugged.

"I'm going to assume that you named it. Nobody else is smart enough to think of that."

"I did.. Everyone else wanted to call him pebble or brick. I figured I would share something unique."

"WE GET CALLEN THIS WEEK KARA!!" Alex yelled out of breath as she approached the bleachers.

"BUT MY BABYYY!!!" Maggie yelled as she followed close behind.

"You've had him for two weeks, Mags. Mine now." Alex said, narrowing her eyes.

"Isn't he cute, Kara?!" Alex exclaimed, handing her the rock. Kara looked at the painted rock that had just been laid in her hands. The eyes and mouth were painted in a bright yellow, while the little hairs on the top of his head were painted a deep red.

"He's.. A rock that's for sure." Kara said, chuckling.

"Be nice to Callen." Alex said. "He's just a baby."

"He's very cute, Alex." Kara chuckled, handing her the rock.

"Hey guys! Sorry that we're late." Winn said, as he and Sam made their way next to them.