Winter Break

"Aren't you cold??"

"Nope. One of the perks about being Kryptonian." Kara chuckled.

"Ugh you're so lucky!" Nia exclaimed. "I can't believe it's almost Christmas."

"What?" Kara asked.

"You know what Christmas is.. Right?"

  "No clue.." Kara shrugged.

  "Right, so. Christmas is a holiday, like a birthday. You celebrate with family and friends and give gifts and stuff! Along with eating a bunch of food." Nia smiled.

   "Sounds like my kind of holiday." Kara smirked.

  "I still can't believe how much you hated trick or treating on Halloween." Nia said.

  "Hey that thing was scary. I have no clue who would want to dress up as a dinosaur." Kara defended herself.

   "Kara it was a literal child. He was 4 years old." Nia sighed.

  "It was scary." Kara huffed.

   "Next year, we are all having a huge Halloween party and going trick or treating no matter how scary someone's costume is."

  "At least I had the decency to dress up like Superman instead of some rogue killing machine." Kara said.

  "Again, Kara, it was a CHILD!"

  "Are we talking about the Halloween fiasco again?" Someone approached from behind.

  "LENA!" Kara turned around and wrapped her hands around her.

  "Ow." Lena chuckled and hugged her back.

  "Sorry.." Kara sighed.

  "No worries." Lena smiled.

  "I thought you wouldn't come back until after Winter Break?" Nia said.

  "I convinced my father to let me come back on the last day so that I can turn in all of my missing assignments before the semester ends." Lena shrugged.

  "Fair enough." Nia shrugged.

  "I'm so glad you're back!" Kara smiled.

  "Lena!" Winn called out as he approached them.

"Hi, Winn." Lena said. Winn gave her a quick hug before saying good morning to both Kara and Nia.

  The first bell rang, signaling to everyone that the first class period was going to start soon.

  "Morning, babe." Mike hugged Kara from behind before spinning her around and giving her a quick peck.

  "Morning.. We gotta get to class. I'll see you in P.E.?" Kara said.

  "Actually you won't.. It's a movie day today so all classes are staying with their homeroom teachers." Winn pitched in.

  "Well, I'll see you at lunch then."

  "Also a no-go. Their ordering pizza for everyone." Winn said.

"I'll just see you after school." Kara chuckled.

They all went their separate ways. Kara, Winn, and Lena together. Sam and Nia together. And Mike travelled to his Biology class alone.

"Do you guys have any plans for Winter Break?" Nia asked in a whisper as the movie was starting.

"None." Lena said.

"Nope." Kara said.

"Oh.. My parents are taking me and Maeve to Disney Land!" Nia smiled.