New Kid

Third Person POV

It's the first day back to school after fall break. Kara was excited to go back to school and also to meet the new kid. She made sure her backpack had everything she needed including snacks to eat in between classes.

Kara and Lena started a new thing and walked to school together. Although they would usually meet at the end of the road so Lex couldn't see.

Kara made her way to their spot and waited her Lena to arrive. She was running a bit late which was unusual for her and just as Kara was about to text her, she made her way around the corner.

"Sorry that I'm late." She said, catching her breath.

"Your neck." Kara said. Lena tensed up.

"What about it?" She stammered.

"You're injured." Kara traced her hands across the mark and Lena backed up.

"It was my fault. I accidently got my neck tied up in a shirt." She said nervously.

"Oh.. Okay.." Kara muttered.

They walked to school in silence and slowly made their way inside. There was a crowd of people around the new kid and Kara decided to wait until later to meet him. They headed towards their locker to get situated before class started.

"Have you guys met the new kid?! He's so nice and really cute." Sam said approaching them.

"We haven't." Kara said.

"He has an accent, kind of like yours, Kara. It makes his voice sound so.. extravagant!" Sam exclaimed.

"I'm sure we will get to meet him later." Kara smiled.

"No you should really head over there and say hi. Like right now! He's adorable." Sam said.

"If it will stop your fangirling." Lena chuckled.

The crowd around him started to thin out as the first bell rang. Kara was focused on other things as they walked in his direction.

"Look! Isn't he dreamy?" Sam smiled. Kara turned her head towards him. She gasped as they made eye contact.

"Mon-El.." She whispered under her breath.

"What did you say?" Lena asked. Kara's heart started to race. It took her a moment to make sure it was really him.

"It's him.." Kara ran towards him and a look of shock appeared on both of their faces. She wrapped her arms around him and he did the same to her.

"You're alive!" Kara started to tear up. They spoke a language that neither Sam or Lena could understand. It roughly translated to this.

"I thought I had lost you." Kara wiped a tear from her eye.

  "I thought I lost you too.." He replied with a frown.

"H.. How did you get out?" Kara asked.

  "That's a long story that I would love to tell you about later." He tucked her hair behind her ear and looked into her eyes.

  "I've waited for this moment." He smiled.

  "I missed you so much."

"I missed you more." He said before pulling her in for a kiss.

"What the hell?" Sam said to Lena. Lena felt a wave of sorrow wash over her. She felt sad and maybe a little bit jealous too.

"Do they know each other or is she just really good at flirting? What language is that?" Sam asked.