Regrets

Kara's POV

  I woke up to my alarm and rolled out of the bed. I plopped onto the floor and looked around, a bit confused about what had just happened. I slowly stood up and noticed that Alex, along with a lot of her stuff, was gone. I sighed and made my way to the bathroom.

   I took a quick shower and changed into some casual clothes. I gathered my stuff and headed downstairs. I saw Jeremiah and Alex eating breakfast. There was no sign of Alex.

  "Good morning, Kara." Jeremiah said with a smile.

  "Morning." I mumbled. Eliza and I made eye contact, I could feel the anger she had towards me. I understand why she's mad. I hurt her only true daughter.

  I decided to walk to school once again. I ate a poptart on the way. My only goal for today is to stay away from everyone and try not to hurt more people. I've done enough damage. it's probably best if I just stay away.

  I made it to my locker and got everything ready for the day. I shoved my phone into my back pocket and nearly teared it. 

  "Morning Kara!" Lena said, happily.

  "Morning." I smiled.

  "You must have walked again?" Lena questioned. 

  "Yeah. I did." I said. I saw Alex walk in a few moments later. Her hand was in a slim cast and me and her stared at each other. I looked down at my feet as she walked past us.

   'Woah, what happened to her?" Lena asked.

   "I have to use the bathroom. I'll meet you in English class." I said, almost running towards the bathroom. I accidentally bumped into someone on the way and nearly broke into tears.

  "Kara! Long time no see." I heard Kenny say.

  "Hi Kenny. Can't talk. I have to go." I quickly ran off. I remained in the bathroom until I heard the first bell ring, signaling that class was going to start in 5 minutes. I took a deep breath and made my way back to the class.

  As I walked in, I saw James at the front of the room. He was wearing a sling around his arm and there was a noticeable brace around his stomach. We looked at each other for a moment and I put my head down and sat down in the back of the room away from everyone else. Lena must have been confused as to why I didn't sit next to her as she made her way to the desk next to mine quickly.

  "Are you alright?" She asked.

  "Yeah." I said, bluntly. Winn sat on the other side of me and I began to feel a bit overwhelmed. I felt as if I could hurt them at any moment. I don't want to hurt anyone but I feel as if it is inevitable. 

  "Hey Winn." Lena said.

  "Hi, Lena." He smiled. I was shocked at their interaction. Are they becoming friends?

  "So how was your Saturday date thing with James?" Winn asked.

  "Fine." I replied. Lena looked at me, probably a bit confused as I don't think I told her about me and James going out.

  "He looks a bit rough. What do you think happened to him?" Winn asked.

  "Not sure. He wasn't like that when I saw him." I replied, quietly.

  English class passed by ever so slowly. I felt like Lena and Winn were continuously asking me questions about James and Alex. Lena stayed more quiet but still seemed like she knows something which is worrying me.

    Me and Lena moved to Algebra class and on the way she grabbed my hand and pulled my into a nearby classroom. It was empty as it isn't currently in use.