Lena

Lena's POV

My life sucks right now.

Not only is Lex practically abusing me whenever we disagree on something, but Kara has been ignoring me ever since that boy Mike crawled back into her arms. I've tried to be happy for her, I really have. However I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. We used to be the ones that hung out all the time. We used to be the ones walking to school together. We used to be attached at the hip. I missed it. I missed her.

They have started spending all of their time together. Kara and I haven't seen each other out of school for weeks now. We talk a bit in school, but when Kara is with Mike, it's like I become non-existent. They also speak their language all the time, which doesn't sound anything like Kaznian. I looked it up and learned a few words, but when I spoke to Kara, she just looked at me confused and seemed like she had no clue what I had said. Not to mention the fact that she has slipped up and called him 'Mon-El' multiple times and I can't figure out why.

I sighed and wrapped up my algebra homework that I had been working on for over an hour. I was having a hard time catching on to things as I didn't have Kara to guide me. I slowly picked up my phone and clicked on her name.

Kara

Study session in an hour?-L

K-I can't. Me and Mike are going to the park :)

Oh okay. Let me know when you can..-L

read 3:46

I sighed and set my phone down. I heard loud footsteps coming near my room and started to panic.

"Lena!" The door flew open and I spun that way.

"Yes, Lex?" I stuttered.

"I finally have the perfect plan to stop the man of steel once and for all!" He grinned.

"Do tell.." I raised an eyebrow.

"I found a substance, called Kryptonite. It's a green rock. Poisonous to Kryptonians." He said.

"And how are you going to get your hands on this so called Kryptonite?" I asked smugly.

"I'm making it." He said. "Come see."

I nodded and followed him to his small lab in the basement of our house. I looked over at the set-up he had. It was a bit messy, but not unlike him.

"It only has a few more minutes until it's complete." He smiled.

"It's smart, I'll give you that much." I said, trying to hide my fear.

"I know it is, Lena. Once he is gone, me and you will rule this world. Nothing will be able to stop us." He grabbed her arm. "That's why you'll be doing the honors of finishing the man of steel off."

"What?!" I asked in complete shock.

"You heard me." He said.

"I can't kill him." I said. "I'm still in high school. I have my whole life ahead of me and I'm not about to give it up for your stupid obsession with Superman!"

"How dare you!" Lex bellowed. I backed away in fear. "I offer you the world, and you think it's stupid?!"

"I.. I.." I kept backing up until I was pinned against the wall.

"I tried giving you a chance, like mother told me to. I've tried to do everything I could to assure you a future. And you repay me like this." He growled.