The Weekend

Kara's POV

   I can't wait until tomorrow. Jeremiah is bringing me to a place to pick out a phone.  I also have to meet up with James later today so I'll have to ask Jeremiah and Eliza if I could go. Hopefully they won't have a problem with it.

  I slipped on a pair of jeans and a light red t-shirt before making my way downstairs. Jeremiah and Eliza were making bacon and eggs which was one of my favorites. Me and Eliza are on somewhat good terms now. Me and Alex are pretty much the same. Not really liking each other, but tolerating each other. 

  "Good morning!" I said, smiling.

  "Morning, Kara." Jeremiah said.

  "I was wondering if I could go out with a friend from school today?" I asked, taking a bite of toast.

  "What's their name?" Eliza asked.

  "His name is James Olsen." I smiled. "I beat him in the fitness gram pacer test and he asked if I wanted to hang out sometime."

  "I'm pretty sure your cousin knows his father." Jeremiah said. "You can go."

  "Thank you!" I smiled and finished up my food before retreating to my room. I spent the next few hours making sure I was ready to go. I was a bit nervous as I wasn't sure what to expect. I don't know much about James but he's said to be very popular and athletic. Lena also told me to be careful when it came to him as he has a fragile ego or something like that.

It was finally time to leave, so I grabbed my bag and headed out the door. I knew where the park was, so I know how long it takes to get there and in all honesty, it's not far from my house. It only takes about 15 minutes to walk there. Eliza said I have to be home by 6 which should be plenty of time.

I arrived at the park and waited under the large tree like James said to do. I was a bit early and he wasn't here yet so I just sketched in my notebook until he arrived.

  "Kara!" I heard James say. I looked up at him and smiled before stuffing my notebook back in my bag.

  "Hey James." 

  "Glad you could make it." He said.

  "Yeah.. I'm not grounded anymore so they let me come." I said.

  "Nice." There was an awkward silence, neither of us knew what to say.

  "So what do you want to do?" I asked.

  "I was thinking that we could just talk, you know?" He said.

  "Okay.. About what?" I asked.

 "How did you do so well in the pacer test?" He asked.

  "I don't know.. It was just running. It wasn't that hard." I replied.

  "Yeah but nobody has ever beaten me or even come close. Especially not a girl." He said.

  "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked. Something about the way he said that threw me off.

  "Well I was just surprised." He said quickly. 

  "Right.." I said quietly.

   "Uh.. I also want to say something.." He paused. "I kinda like you."

  "I like you too. I think we could be good friends." I smiled.

  "No I uh... I mean like. I like like you. As more then a friend." He said.

  "We uhh. We just met, James. I don't really like you like that." I replied.

  "Come on, Kara. We would be a great couple. We would rule the school together. Just ditch that nerdy friend group of yours and join me. I can make you popular." He said, getting closer to me.