You Saved Me

"I.. Uh.. What do you mean 'I saved you'?" Lena stuttered, trying to process everything that had happened in such a short amount of time.

"I was on a different Earth saving a hero's girlfriend and I managed to get myself in a position where if I didn't defuse a bomb I would've probably died and I.. I just thought to myself what would you do.. You saved me, Lena." Kara exclaimed, hugging her.

"A.. And the kiss?" She asked.

"I meant every ounce of it." Kara smiled. "Barry, the guy who's girlfriend was missing said something that made me realize how much you really mean to me. There's nobody I would rather spend my time with than you."

"I'm so glad you're okay." Lena pulled Kara in for a hug. After they broke apart, Lena narrowed her eyebrows. "But never do that again. You had me worried sick."

"I won't, I promise." Kara laughed.

"You have to tell me every detail over breakfast, got it?" Lena said.

"Yes ma'am." Kara grinned. "So where's food around here?"

"The only place I can go to this morning is the schools cafeteria and they open in 20 minutes." She said, looking over at her clock.

"Oh okay.. Do you mind if I shower in the meantime? I kind of smell like sweat, smoke and a little bit of gasoline." Kara asked.

"Go for it. I'll get you a change of clothes." Lena said.

"Thanks!" Kara said, rushing off to Lena's bathroom. Lena chuckled and gathered some casual clothing that she knew Kara would enjoy. Lena felt as if she was on cloud nine. She knew that she had feelings for Kara a while back, but they started to fade away after their fall out. But that kiss brought back every good feeling Lena had about Kara, resurrecting all of her old feelings and making her fall head over heels for her once again.

  She turned the bathroom door knob before realizing what she was doing. She slammed her eyes shut and turned around to face the door rather than the shower.

  "Clothes and a towel are on the counter." Lena said before shuffling out. She heard a muffled 'Thank you' as she closed the door. She then started tidying up her desk, trying to make it more presentable since her school papers was scattered all over it.

A few minutes later, Lena heard the shower turn off, followed by some rapid movement and the bathroom door opening. Kara wore the clothes that Lena had set out. (which in Lena's opinion suited her very well) Her hair was still slightly damp, but she put it in a bun to make it look presentable.

"I really love your bathroom." Kara said.

"Thank you?" Lena chuckled. "Now we can head to the cafeteria. By the time we get there it will be open."

"Sounds perfect." Kara grinned. "Who knew that saving someone would make someone so hungry?"

Lena shook her head and chuckled. They made their way out of Lena's room, neither of them saying anything. Although, both of them had the same thought on their mind. The feeling that after this day their relationship wouldn't be the same. As they entered the cafeteria, there were only two others there and Lena forced Kara to pick a spot on the other side of the room. Within seconds of being sat down, a middle aged woman walked up to them with a small notepad in one hand and a small pencil in the other.

  "What would you both like to drink?" She said with a heavy British accent.

   "I'll have a coffee, black, and she'll take a hot chocolate." Lena said. Kara smiled.

  "You know me so well." She said.

  "Yeah yeah." Lena replied. "Now, tell me about what happened. Quietly, of course."