Graduation Party

(I know Metropolis is in California but for the sake of the story it is in New York for this)

   "Officially sophomores!" Kara yelled as they exited the school.

"Crazy, right?" Lena shook her head.

  "It's awesome! Eliza told me we have the next few months off school so that means LOTS of sleepovers, right?" Kara grinned.

  "I'm sure we'll be able to have a few." Lena nodded. Kara stopped walking and furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at Lena.

  "What's wrong..?" Kara asked.

"I.." Lena sighed. "Lillian is making me go to this stupid summer school in Metropolis.."

  "What?! No!" Kara exclaimed. "That's all the way across the country!"

  "I know.. I know.." Lena frowned.

  "When do you leave?" Kara asked.

  "Tomorrow afternoon.." Lena mumbled. Kara's eyes widened upon hearing that.

  "What!? When were you going to tell me?"

  "I.. I swear I was going to tell you a few days ago.. But everything has just been going so good and.. I just didn't want to ruin it.." Lena stuttered. Kara nodded and started walking once again. Lena remained by her side, trying to explain the situation better.

  "Are you mad?" Lena eventually said as her head hung low, watching the ground beneath her as she walked.

  "Mad? Of course not, Lee." Kara frowned, slowing her pace.

   "I'm so sorry." Lena mumbled. "I wish it were different. I don't want to go."

  "It's okay.. I promise. We'll be able to see each other. Or are you forgetting that your best friend has superpowers?" Kara half-joked, nudging Lena's side.

  "I guess I didn't even think about that.." Lena nodded. "But you can't fly all the way across the country! You'll get tired, or hurt!"

  "It's only like an hour flight for me. Clark visits here sometimes and he says it's quick." Kara assured her. "Plus, it's totally worth it if I get to see you."

  "Only if you're sure.."

  And the next day she was gone. Kara watched as the limousine full of all of her items drove away from the small town of Midvale. She followed the car in the air, until they made it to the airport. She then waved goodbye as Lena got onto the small jet. She watched from a distance as the jet flew off into the sky.

  She walked back to her house with a frown, dragging her feet across the ground. She contemplated taking off after the jet and seeing her right when she landed, but didn't want to cause any suspicions as she knew that Lillian was with her. She made plans with Lena to stop by a few days after she arrived, and to bring Lena's favorite burgers since they didn't have that same restaurant in Metropolis. She ran into Sam on the way home, who was jogging with Winn.

"Kara! Hey!" She exclaimed as she stopped next to her.

"God I hate running.." Winn groaned as he placed his hands on his knees and tried to gather his breaths.

"Hey guys." Kara sadly smiled.

"Lena just left, didn't she?" Sam frowned. Kara nodded as she looked down at the ground.

"It's alright. She'll be back before you know it." Sam said as she placed a hand on Kara's shoulder.

"Yeah.. I'm flying there in a few days to visit." Kara said.