Court

The whole day Kara had been cursing in Kryptonian as she got herself ready. She's been filled with a mixture of rage and depression as she's been grieving over Mon-El. Every little thing made her mad. The fact that she woke up 10 minutes later then usual was one. Another was the outfit that she wanted to wear ripped in the dryer. She cursed when she tripped over her own feet, and again when she slipped in the shower. Her thoughts were all over the place as she prepared for her court appearance.

"Kara! Time to go!" Eliza called out from across the house. Another curse slipped out of her mouth upon hearing this. She stumbled through the house, collecting everything she needed and slipping on some shoes. Lena had her appearance right after Kara's, which Eliza was making Kara stay for.

The drive to the courthouse was filling Kara with anxiety. Though it was only a ten minute drive, it seemed like an hour. Alex sat next to Kara, not making any attempts to communicate, knowing that Kara would just get mad again. Jeremiah and Eliza were upfront, making quiet conversation to break the tension.

Once they arrived, Kara kept her head down as they walked inside, knowing that the town's newspaper had people taking pictures there, since Mike's death had spread through the whole town. It became a huge story, and his funeral was filled with people that didn't even know him. Kara wasn't allowed to go, which made her even more angry then imaginable. Alex swore that if she had her powers, she would've burnt down the house.

  Kara pulled Jeremiah to the side as the others walked into the courtroom. He furrowed his brows as he stared at Kara, trying to figure out what she wanted. She opened her mouth to speak, but was unsure of what to say.

  "I'm scared.." She whimpered. Her lower lip started to quiver as she spoke as she tried her best to hold in her tears. Jeremiah pulled her into a hug and she quickly accepted the action. She wrapped her arms around his torso, since she wasn't tall enough to reach the top of his back.

  "We will figure this out, Kara. I promise." He frowned and pulled away from the hug. Kara nodded and wiped the single tear that streamed down her face before continuing to walk.

As Kara entered the courtroom, she noticed many familiar faces sitting in the seats. She saw her friends, along with James and his crew. Eliza, Jeremiah, and Alex sat down near Kara's friends as Kara made her way to sit next to her lawyer. Kara zoned out as the judge started to talk. She started getting very overwhelmed in the environment, and resorted to using some methods that the school counselor had taught her.

"I'd like to call Kara Danvers to the stand." The other lawyer had said. Kara stood up and slowly walked up to the stand. She took deep breaths as she walked, trying to control her emotions.

"Repeat after me, Ms. Danvers." He paused and Kara nodded. "I promise to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth."

"I promise to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth." Kara said, placing a hand over her chest. The lawyer nodded.

"Ms. Danvers. Is it true that you and Mr. Matthew's had gotten into a fight a few days before he was killed?" He asked.

"No. I was at Disney Land a few days before he died." Kara replied, furrowing her brows in confusion.

"Would you care to explain this video that was taken 3 days before his death?" He asked, pressing a button on the remote, before a video started to play. Kara looked over at the screen and saw the fight her and Mon-El had a few weeks ago when he had first arrived.

"That was not taken 3 days before he died. Just ask Lena. We were at Disney together! That was a fight we had when we first started dating and it was over something stupid." Kara said.