Sleepover and Secrets

The following Monday arrived. The group gathered around their lunch table and everyone stays silent while looking at Kenny and Nia, who were maintaining a casual conversation and not realizing that everyone was staring at them. Once they realized, they looked around the table and tried to figure out what was going on.

  "Uh.. Guys?" Nia asked, waving a hand in front of their faces.

  "Yes, Nia?" Kara asked with a smirk.

  "You told them, didn't you?" Nia groaned while looking at Winn and Sam.

  "Pshhh. Whattt??" Winn chuckled.

  "He told us." Lena nodded.

  "I did. I did tell them. I'm so sorry." Winn blurted out.

  "So.. How did it go?" Alex asked, resting her chin on her palm.

"It went well." Kenny said.

  "No, it didn't." Maggie crossed her arms.

  "No, it didn't." Kenny sighed.

  "We've decided that we're better off as friends." Nia said.

"Interesting.." Alex nodded slowly as she narrowed her eyebrows.

  "Listen, it's not that big of a deal. We just don't work as a couple." Nia insisted.

  "If you say so." Alex shrugged.

  "One week till school ends!" Lena randomly announced.

  "I can't wait!" Nia exclaimed. "Maeve and I are going to National City and taking a tour of CatCo."

  "Whats.. CatCo?" Kara asked.

  "It's the building that runs the news channel that Jeremiah watches every morning." Alex said.

  "That makes sense.. So they just write articles and stuff, right?" Kara asked.

  "Pretty much. But I want to be a journalist when I grow up, so I can't wait!" Nia said. "What do you want to be, Kara?"

  "Uhm.. I want to be.. Like my cousin.. Help people, you know?" Alex coughed and nodded her head towards Kenny.

  "What does your cousin do? I've never heard you talk about them." Kenny asked.

  "Oh uh.. He's actually a journalist as well.. Clark Kent." Kara smiled.

  "CLARK KENT IS.. OH MY GOD!" Winn exclaimed.

  "Shut the hell up." Maggie groaned.

  "I didn't know Clark was your cousin." Someone said from behind them. Kara turned around, recognizing the voice already.

  "James..."

  "Funny thing.." He smirked. "Him and my dad are really good friends.. As I'm sure you know."

  "James don't."

  "And they tell each other.. everything." He said.

  "James."

  "What's going on?" Kenny asked.

  "And assuming you're a lot like your cousin, I think I have some dirt on you, Kara Danvers."

  "One sec I need to make a phone call." Kara walked out of the lunchroom.

  "Wait what?" James asked as he watched her walk away.

  "You done messed up, Jimmy." Alex grinned.

   Kara returned moments later with an older man. She pointed to James and the man nodded before walking up to him and gently dragging him away. Once out of the cafeteria, J'onn wiped his mind of any correlation between Kara and Clark before making his departure.