Page 10: Stopping Henry From Destroying Magic:

Henry was about to light the dynamite with the matches that he took. "Henry?" Henry turned to see Regina appear behind him. Henry stopped what he was doing, watching Regina walk up to him, holding her hands up, showing that she would not hurt him. "What are you doing?" Regina asked when Henry glanced at the dynamite before picking it up.

"I'm getting rid of magic. It's ruining everything. And you can't stop me." Henry said, placing the dynamite back on the well before grabbing another match.

"All that's gonna do is get you killed," Regina said when Henry continued to get a match out of the box. "You just say that because you need magic. So, you can cast that curse on me." Henry fought when he lit the match, but Regina sighed to herself, using her magic to make the dynamite appear back in the mines. Henry dropped the match, looking at his mother. "I can't lose you or Dream, Henry. You mean too much to me." Regina said, walking closer, but he backed up a bit.

"Then don't cast the curse. Don't kill Mary Margaret." Henry tried to plead, begging his mother to do the right thing.

"Henry, she has to pay." Regina persisted, hating Mary Margaret for her mother and Daniel being killed, and also the fear that the Charmings might take her children from her.

"The curse..." Regina and Henry turned to see Dream walking over to them. 

Henry looked startled at the cut on his sister's head. "It won't make me love you for real. Or Dream... It'll be fake." Henry said, moving his attention back to his mother, who pulled out the scroll with the curse. "But it will be something. I know it's hard for you to understand right now, but you'll see. We can be happy. We can have everything." Regina smiled at Henry when she moved her hand up to his chin. "Not like this," Henry said, backing up into his sister. 

"Hey! Regina! Get away from my son!" Emma yelled when she rushed over with David and Neal.

"He's not yours; he's mine!" Regina protested when she turned to look at them. "And after I cast this, you'll never see him again," Regina said, holding up the scroll in her hand.

"That's never gonna happen," David spoke up.

"Did you do that to my sister?" Neal asked, looking at the cut on Dream's forehead. "Do you really believe that I would hurt my own daughter?" Regina scoffed at him while Dream held onto Henry.

"She would never go that far to hurt Dream..." Emma said, looking at Neal and David. "But if you wanna kill Mary Margaret, you're gonna have to go through us." Emma continued to say, threatening Regina, who just smirked.

"Okay," Regina smirked, creating a fireball in her opposite hand that did not have the scroll. Dream and Henry's eyes widened when David moved in front of Neal and Emma, pulling out his gun. "Stop!" Henry yelled, running in the middle.

"Henry, get out of the way!" Neal and Dream yelled while Emma held Neal back, and Dream stayed behind her mother. 

"Not until someone helps me destroy magic!" Henry yelled, looking at all of the adults. "There's no way to get rid of it. You can't just blow it up." Regina protested as Henry looked at her.

"Magic isn't the problem, kid. It's her." Emma said, reaching her hand out for Henry to take when Henry turned to look at her, his father, and his grandfather. 

"You're one to talk, Emma!" Dream scoffed, making Emma roll her eyes at Dream.

"It's not just her; it's everyone! Look what magic did to Mary Margaret." Henry said, continuing to look at David, Neal, and Emma before turning to his mother and sister. "Look at what it did to you! It's ruining everything..." Henry said, making Regina sigh as she listened to him. "It makes good people do terrible things," Henry said to all of them.

"And bad people," Emma added when Dream went to charge forward; Regina stopped her with the hand that did not have the fireball. Emma moved her hand back out to Henry, hoping that he would take it, but he turned to look at Regina and Dream, stepping closer to them. "Please... It's gonna destroy my family. Help me get rid of it." Henry said, pleading with Regina.

"I can't do that, Henry..." Regina sighed when she thought about Dream. If something happened to magic, then something would happen to Dream. "But there is something I can do," Regina said, dropping the scroll into her fireball before it went away.

"Thank you," Henry said when David lowered his gun. Dream went to hug her brother, but he turned, hugging Emma instead. He turned to look at Regina and Dream before walking away with David, Emma, and Neal. Dream sighed when she moved to rest her head on her mother's shoulder while they stood there for a moment. 

"You did the right thing, Mom." Dream said when she heard Regina let out a sad sigh. "You were the bigger person." Dream continued when Regina moved to wrap her arm around Dream, helping her back to the car.

~season 2, episode 17: "Welcome to Storybrooke"~

~864 words~