Page 58: What To Do With the Map:

Dream looked around her, not seeing Pan when she looked down at the empty parchment. She kept looking at it until Hook walked over, seeing her. "I found her!" He announced when Dream looked up at him. She looked mortified while trying to slow her breathing. "Come on, love. The others got worried when we saw you weren't there." Hook said before pausing when he noticed that she looked very pale and that she was almost green.

"Dream!" Regina called, rushing over when she noticed the look on Dream's face. "Hey, hey... It's okay, honey... Remember, just breathe." Regina said, moving Dream to sit on the tree trunk when Dream was on the verge of tears. Regina started breathing slowly while Dream tried to copy her mother. "Inhale... Hold... Exhale... Come on, sweetie, just breathe... Remember, inhale... Hold it... Then, exhale." Regina continued to instruct her to do, while Dream kept copying her, starting to calm down.

"What's going on?" Hook asked, glancing at Emma, Mary Margaret, and David.

"It looks like Dream's having a panic attack. It's when you get so worked up that you can't calm down." Emma explained to him as they watched Dream copying her mother to calm down. "She's had them since she was four... That's when she started seeing Archie. She would get so overwhelmed that she would turn blue from not being able to breathe." Mary Margaret said to the others, signing as Regina hugged Dream when she started to breathe easily again.

"Why?" David asked, looking at his wife.

"Don't know... They would just happen randomly. But she started to get better when she saw Archie." Mary Margaret sighed, holding her hand to her chest. "Well, let's give her some space to calm down. She'll talk when she's ready." David said when he started to walk back to camp.

Once Dream had finally calmed down from her panic attack, the group had questions about why she left the camp and what had happened. When Dream explained what all happened with Pan, the others tried to figure out what he meant by giving her the map. Dream sat on the ground, leaning over a flat rock that had the map on it. Regina paced around her daughter, ready to kill Pan for threatening her children. Hook sat on a tree stump, watching Dream stare at the map. Meanwhile, the Charmings and Emma just sat around, still having questions. 

"He so likes his games." He sighed, making Regina stop to look at him.

"What game? There's nothing there..." Regina scoffed, pointing at the empty parchment. "If he said there's a map on this parchment, then there is." Hook said, pointing to the map as well when Regina went back to pacing.

"Great..." Emma scoffed, speaking up. "If Dream just stops denying who she really is, whatever that means, then we'll be able to read this thing." Emma continued to scoff when Regina looked at her.

"How do we know Pan won't use it to lead us straight into a trap?" Regina asked, looking back at Hook, the only Neverland veteran who has dealt with Pan. "Because he doesn't need to. This whole island is his bloody trap." Hook said, standing up as he looked at Regina.

"There's no sign of him..."

Regina, Dream, Hook, and Emma looked up to see David and Mary Margaret walking back over from searching around the camp for Pan. "...anywhere," David added when Dream looked up at them. "Any luck with the map?" Mary Margaret smiled when she looked at Dream.

"Don't hold your breath..." Emma scoffed, sighing when she moved to sit on a log.

"What's that supposed to mean, Ms. Swan?" Regina asked her, in a harsh tone, while crossing her arms. "Don't you see what he's doing? Every second we spend talking about this is another second we're not looking for my son." Emma ranted when Dream sighed, looking up at the others. "You got a better idea?" Regina scoffed at Emma.

"Magic," Emma suggested, making Regina roll her eyes and David sigh aloud. "If there's a lock on there, Regina, you can find a way around it." Emma continued to suggest going to grab the map, but Regina slapped her hand on it, making Dream jump a bit.

"Pan said it had to be me." Dream spoke up, looking at Emma while Regina's "mommy-bear" was coming out. 

"I'd listen to Dream, Swan. Breaking Pan's rules would be unwise." Hook said when Emma scoffed again. "Sadly, Emma, I agree with Regina and the pirate," David said, making Hook turn to him, smirking. "I'm winning you over. I can feel it." Hook smirked, making David roll his eyes.

"And Regina's magic doesn't exactly have a gentle touch, Emma..." Mary Margaret spoke up, looking at her daughter, which earned her a look from Regina.

"Use it on the map; it might blow up in all our faces," David added, looking at his daughter. "Well, that's a risk I'm willing to take, David," Emma said to her father, making him sigh.

"Well, I'm not." Dream said, picking up the map as she stood up. "If I'm the one who's supposed to figure out this thing, I need to do what Pan said." She continued, causing Emma to look annoyed, moving to sit back down.

"Great..." Emma mumbled to herself.

"She'll get there, Emma." Mary Margaret said, looking at her daughter, while David sighed to himself. Everyone was having a hard time working together. But when he looked at Dream, he recalled something that Gold had told them before the whole mess. "Well, this is a blood feud, dearie... One that goes back a very, very long time. And one that seems to be continuing..." Gold had said to them when they were trying to stop Regina from casting the Curse of the Empty Hearted. Gold was referring to the feud between Regina and Snow, which seems to be continuing with Dream and Emma.

Regina walked over to Dream, who moved to sit on the rock again. "I never thought I would try to be optimistic like this, but... Hey, don't give up. If he's playing a game, you can win. After all... you are my daughter." Regina smirked, kneeling in front of Dream, who gave her a smile. 

~season 3, episode 2: "Lost Girl"~

~1035 words~