Page 90: Hook Will Never Stop Fighting for Dream:

The four of them walked out of the cave, trying to make their way to Dark Hollow. Neal stopped when he saw a path covered by branches and bushes. "We're gonna have to cut our way through," Neal said, looking at Emma and Dream, who was behind him. 

"Here. Use this." Dream said, taking out the sword that Hook gave her.

"My cutlass?" Neal asked, raising his brow as she reached it to him. "You find it in the cave?" He asked her.

"No, actually, Hook gave it to me." Dream said, making Neal look at Hook. 

"Since when are you sentimental?" Neal asked him with a scoff.

"I thought Dream would wish to have something to remember you by."

"Oh. Thanks. She's got me now." Neal said, starting to cut a path, making Emma and Dream raise a brow at Hook. 

"What was that about?" Emma asked him as Dream crossed her arms over her chest. 

"I assumed he had heard my secret. I also assumed that you'd told him about our shared moment." Hook said, looking at Dream. "Why would you assume that?" Dream asked, raising her brow. "Because I was hoping it meant something." Hook sighed to himself, hoping that she was not still angry at him. 

"What meant something was that you told us Neal was still alive. Thank you. I realized you could've kept Pan's information to yourself." Dream continued as the two didn't notice that Emma followed Neal but stayed where she could hear them. 

"Why would I have done that?" Hook asked her as she shrugged.

"I don't know... Maybe Pan offered you a deal. Why else would he tell you?"

"It was a test. He wanted to see if I'd leave an old friend to die. Even if the old friend happens to be an obstacle in getting the woman I want." Hook confessed, making Dream sigh. "And you chose your friend..." Dream sighed, making him smile at her. 

"Does that surprise you?" He asked.

"You are a pirate."

"Yeah, that I am." Hook scoffed, looking to the ground. "But I also believe in good form. So, when I win your heart, Dream, and I will win it, it will not be because of any trickery. It will be because you want me. I won't leave you. I'm not the last guy." He said, walking closer to her, making her breath hitch in her throat. 

"This is not a contest, Hook." Dream sighed, biting the inside of her lip, trying to hold back from kissing him since she was still angry with him.

"Isn't it? You're gonna have to choose Dream. You realize that, don't you? Your father and brother are both against me, and I don't intend to give up..."

"The only thing I have to choose is the best way to get Henry back." Dream said as he nodded. 

"And you will." He smiled at her.

"You think so?" She asked him.

"I have yet to see you fail. And when you do succeed, well, that's when the fun begins." He smirked at her.

"Guys?" Neal asked, walking back with Emma. "I think I found it," Neal said, handing his cutlass back to Dream. 

He put his hand on her back, letting her walk in front of him as Emma and Hook looked at each other. "You and Hook?" Neal whispered to her. "You kissed him?" He continued when Dream sighed.

"It--It meant nothing... I guess you didn't hear the part where he kissed Emma, too." Dream said, making Neal look at her before he glanced back at Emma. "I know the story about your mom. You don't have to worry, Bae. Let's just get Henry." Dream said, making Neal nod as they continued to walk down the path.

~season 3, episode 7: "Dark Hollow"~

~622 words~