Page 55: Having to Work Together:

After she jumped into the water, soaking her clothes, Hook gave Dream his leather jacket before they docked by the shores, using a smaller boat to get to the land. "We don't have to do it this way. I can fix the Jolly Roger. My magic is powerful enough. We can execute the pirate's plan." Regina said to the others when they stood on the sand. 

"Sneak attack? Let's not be naive. Save your magic. We'll need it later..." Emma said when she walked a little bit ahead of the group.

"Because Pan already knows we're here..." Dream said when she felt a strange feeling like something was watching them. She moved over to Emma's side when the two agreed that the only way to get Henry and survive would be to work together. "It's time we stop running. Gold was right." Emma added when she looked at Dream, who nodded, before looking back to her parents, the "heroes," then to Regina and Hook, the "villains."

"This land is run on belief. All of us have been too busy being at each other's throats to be believers." Dream added when no one looked happy about her and Emma's speech.

"I was as wrong as anyone else... But it's time for all of us to believe." Emma said when Dream nodded with a smile. "Not in magic, but in each other... Like one of those cheesy cat posters would say." Dream smiled when Hook smirked to himself, seeing her become her own person. She was taking charge, and it looked good on her.

"You want to be friends? After everything that's happened between all of us?" Regina asked Emma and Dream while she looked at her daughter. "Dream, I didn't raise you to be so gullible--" She went to say to her daughter.

"We don't want or expect that, Mom... I know there's a lot of history here... And a lot of hate--" Dream sighed, looking at everyone. "Actually, I quite fancy you from time to time when you're not yelling at me." Hook spoke up, smirking at Dream, who just looked at him, biting the inside of her bottom lip. 

"Watch it, pirate." Regina scoffed, warning Hook when she gave her a glare.

"We don't need to be friends... What we need to know is the only way to get Henry back is cooperation." Emma spoke up, bringing the conversation back to the main topic. "With her? With him? No, Emma... We have to do this the right way." David said to his daughter, making Regina and Hook sigh to themselves. "No, we don't. We just need to succeed. And the way we do that is by just being who we are. A hero. A villain. A pirate. It doesn't matter which because we're gonna need all those skills, whether we can stomach them or not." Emma continued to tell them when she moved in front of her parents.

"And what's your skill, savior?" Regina asked, making Emma turn to look at her.

"I'm a mother. And now, I'm also your leader... Along with Dream." Emma said to them when Dream nodded, walking over to her mother.

"And what's your skill, Dream?" Mary Margaret asked Dream, who looked at the group. She paused before sighing to herself. "I'm still figuring that out. But I'm a big sister... So either helps me get my baby brother back or get out of the way." Dream said, sounding very assured when Emma started to walk off towards the jungle. Mary Margaret and David followed their daughter while Dream waited with her mother.

"Let's go save Operation Henry." Dream said, walking beside her mom.

"Operation Henry?" Regina asked, turning to look at Dream. "He would call it something like that... So that's what I've been calling it." Dream said when Regina smiled at her daughter while Hook followed behind them. "Yeah, he would, wouldn't he?" Regina chuckled when they continued to follow Emma into the Neverland island jungle.

~season 3, episode 1: "The Heart of the Truest Believer"~

~663 words~