Page 52: Hook Being Sentimental:

After a bit, Dream stayed in the crew's quarters, trying to use her power to find Henry, but all she got was spotty images of something running through a forest with a cloaked figure. She could not hear anything but leaves rustling. Meanwhile, Emma was doing pull-ups with a bar above one of the compartments.

"Can you keep it down? I'm trying to focus and can't with your heavy breathing." Dream sighed, with her eyes closed, when Emma moved to stand on the compartment top, looking at Dream. 

Emma went to say something to the brunette girl until Hook walked in.  "Oh... Don't stop on my account." Hook smirked, looking at Emma, who rolled her eyes. Dream opened one of her eyes when she looked annoyed at his comment before closing her eyes again to concentrate. "Wouldn't think of it." Emma scoffed before going back to her pull-ups. "What are you two doing?" Hook asked, looking between the girls.

"Getting ready for a fight," Emma said while she pulled herself up with the bar.

"Trying to find my brother..." Dream sighed when Emma stopped again as Hook furrowed his brows, looking between them. "Well, I've never known you to need to "get ready" for a fight, Swan. I thought it was a natural state." Hook said, making Emma let go of the bar.

"I'm not in the mood for any of this... I'm going back to the deck." Emma scoffed to herself when she walked past Hook, but she caught herself, wanting to hear what Dream and Hook would talk about, so she stayed within hearing distance.

"Don't let Rumpelstiltskin get you down, love." Hook said, looking at Dream when she sighed to herself since she had not left the room since her talk with David.

"What do you want?" Dream asked when she was tired of trying to figure out her powers. She sat up from the small bed, looking at him. "To give you something..." He said, holding a key in his hand. "How generous, Hook." Dream said sarcastically when he chuckled, moving over to open the cabinet that the key belonged to.

"You know, Baelfire and I once spent a lot of time together." Hook said while he looked through the cabinet to find what he was looking for.

"He was "Neal" to me... A brother that I never knew I had until like a few weeks ago." Dream sighed when she looked down at the floorboard.

"Yeah, right... Daughter of the Crocodile..." Hook mumbled to himself as if he did not want the reminder. He walked over with a sword with its holster, reaching it out to her. "This was his." He said when Dream's eyes widened as she looked at the sword in shock before looking up at Hook.

"I didn't realize you were sentimental." Dream said, letting out a chuckle as she was shocked.

"I'm not." He sighed before moving back to the cabinet while Dream looked down at the sword. "I just thought you could use it where we're going. To fight... If I remember right, you were quite good in a sword fight from the last time we were in the Enchanted Forest." Hook said when he handed Dream a small "shot" cup while he held a bottle of rum.

"Hook... I don't drink rum." 

Hook did not listen, taking the top cork off of the rum bottle, when he poured some of the rum into the cup. "It'll help you. Clear the mind." Hook smirked when Dream furrowed her brows. "Thanks..." Dream said, when she looked at cup. "To Neal." Hook said, raising up the bottle to cheers with her.

"To Neal..." Dream said, before taking a drink of the rum.

Hook took a drink of the rum, with ease, while Dream coughed. Hook raised his brow, when Dream scoffed, handing him the cup back. "Yeah... I don't like rum." She sighed, when he smirked at her, when she moved to pull her hair up.

"How long was he with you?" Dream asked Hook, who sat across from her. She wanted to hear more about her brother, who she just lost, while they were waiting to save Henry. "Long enough for me to know that I miss him, too." Hook sighed, when Dream nodded, giving him a small smile.

"Yeah... I only knew him for a couple of weeks. And I miss him so much. I finally found someone who kind of understood me, and now he's gone." Dream sighed, when Hook watched her look down.

"I know the feeling." He sighed, when he went to add something else, but there was a loud thud as the ship creaked, jerking around. 

"What was that?" Dream asked him, looking worried, but Hook did not answer. He just rushed up to the deck, with Dream following him.

~season 3, episode 1: "The Heart of the Truest Believer"~

~797 words~