Banned Things

TW: SWEARING

It was finally the night before Halloween, and the Marauders were as enthusiastic as could be. Peter turned out to be pretty good with needles and thread, and had helped them all make their costumes.

"Dungbombs all over the castle, living pumpkins, Boggarts in every classroom, dancing goblins in the corridor, and we'll switch every painting. Is that all?" Remus read off a paper, then looked around at his friends.

"It's perfect!" James wiped a fake tear from his eye.

"Mind if we join?" Fabien grinned, walking over to the Marauders.

"Yeah, I think we'd make a great addition!" Gideon nodded, walking alongside his twin.

"You're proposing that we join forces?" Sirius raised an eyebrow.

"Indeed we are," Gideon smiled widely.

"Don't you think a competition would be best?" Clara piped up. "If we compete, we're bound to come up with better ideas, and more disaster occurs!"

Remus nodded, "that's smart,"

Clara grinned mischievously, "Fabien? Gideon?" She looked at them in order.

Fabien stuck his hand out, "it's a deal."

They shook hands. Let the competition begin.

The next day, at around 2 am, Clara woke up, ready to scare some First Years. She snuck out of her dorm, and into the boys dorm.

"Awaken, my students, we shall now wake the dead!" Clara exclaimed walking into their dorm.

The curtains were closed around all their beds.

"Ah, you're trying to sleep aren't you? Well, I'm afraid not a soul sleeps well on Halloween!" Clara attempted to scare James by suddenly whipping open the curtains around his bed. But he wasn't there.

She opened the rest of the curtains, and all she found on their beds were stains of blood, and claw marks. Clara gasped as she heard the sound of the floorboard behind her creaking. She urged herself not to turn around, but it was too late, she was knocked off her feet, and hit the ground with a thump.

In front of her, four frightening figures began approaching her. It was hard to see in the dark, but she could make out long nails, and weird capes. Clara screamed as one of them jumped at her.

The next thing she knew, the lights turned on, and she found James on the ground, dying from laughter. Sirius was wheezing and trying to catch his breath. Remus was banging the floor with his fist, laughing like a madman. Finally, Peter was giggling furiously as he pointed at James, it seemed as though he was more amused with James's laughter, then with Clara's screams.

"I hate you guys so much!" Clara fumed, but one look at James caused her to break into laughs immediately.

"You don't hate us, you love us!" Sirius sang, pirouetting around the room.

"Oi, stop that!" Clara rolled her eyes at Sirius's silly antics.

James finally stopped laughing and Remus's mouth began hurting.

"Shall we get on with our mischief, then?" Clara raised an eyebrow, and stood up.

"Indeed we shall, o' Lady Vixen!" James stood up, and made a little bow.

"Then let us ready our troops, soldiers, and scare the living hell out of the 'ickle Firs' Years!" Clara announced dramatically, and the boys stood in line like soldiers.