Hushed Voices

TRIGGER WARNING: INAPROPRIATE LANGUAGE, SLIGHTLY AGRESSIVE/DISTURBING SCENES.

In the morning, Clara awoke feeling like an anchor had been strung around her neck, with the weight of the world resting on her shoulders.

She was back in her bed and Sirius was nowhere around.

Clara got up, tiredly rubbing her eyes and looked into the nearest mirror. She had dark circles under her eyes and her hair looked like it had been through a war. Sighing, Clara walked into the bathroom to change and wash her face.

With her dark circles concealed, her hair brushed back, and her scarf neatly wrapped around her neck, she headed out for class.

Halfway on her way to Transfiguration, Clara remembered she had never gotten her wand back, but figured it didn't matter since Remus, who had it, was in her class anyways.

As she walked into class, the stinging stares of most of the Gryffindors whom had witnessed the events of the previous night was something Clara could not ignore. She had to though, so she tried her best. She sat down on the desk beside Remus and reached out to tap on his desk.

"Remus, I need my wand," she whispered, cautiously eyeing McGonagall.

"I don't have it." Remus answered dryly and moved his desk further away from Clara's.

"Hey!" Clara hissed. "What do you mean you don't have it? I need it for classes!"

"For classes? Or for homicide?" Remus cocked an eyebrow.

Clara furrowed her brows. She suddenly reached out to try and slap Remus, but as he moved out of the way, she slammed her entire body onto the ground.

McGonagall rushed over immediately, her foot hitting the ground furiously. "Seriously, Miss Potter? Outside, now!"

"I don't understand what's going on with you! First your grades are dropping, now this?!" McGonagall scolded Clara as they both stood outside the classroom. "You know that I don't normally waste class time, but this situation required my immediate attention. Miss Potter, you used to be one of my top students, what exactly is happening?"

Clara stared at the ground silently. Finally looking up at McGonagall, she spoke, "I'm sorry, Professor, I didn't mean anything by what just happened in class,"

"Didn't mean anything? One does not simply fall to the ground, now do they?" McGonagall said, dismissing Clara's poor excuse of an apology.

"I'm sorry, Professor, okay! I'm sorry!" Clara finished and stomped her way back to her common room with McGonagall calling out behind her.

The brunette rushed to her dorm, slamming the door shut and throwing herself onto her untidy bed. Clara pressed her pillow against her face and let it all out. All her tears and screams. All her sorrows and regrets. Yet deep down, she knew it wasn't all over just yet.

"Potter-" Sirius's voice began but stopped right after.

Clara looked up at Sirius, he had clearly not slept either.

The two souls caught eyes for just a moment, a clear force-like string eagerly attempting to pull them together. Sirius looked away and then approached Clara slowly, "why is McGonagall looking for you?" He questioned.

"I ran away when she was talking to me..." Clara replied, then suddenly burst into laughter after hearing herself.

Sirius's eyes widened in surprise of Clara's outburst, trying his best to contain his own laughter - he didn't want to encourage Clara's lack of responsibility. He just merely tapped her shoulder in a soft way, as if she were choking on something.