Play with Fire

TW: MILD VIOLENCE, AND QUITE A SHORT CHAPTER!

"Bonsoir!"

"Salut!"

"Ça va?"

"Oui, et vous?"

"Ça va bein, merci!"

Clara trudged away from a brunette girl, and leaned her head on Remus's shoulder. "Laura really pisses me off."

Remus raised an eyebrow, as he, Clara, Peter, and Sirius walked out of the Three Broomsticks together. "She's nice, Clara, how does she piss you off?"

"I don't know. She like- she thinks that everyone likes her, and that she's oh-so popular- like get over yourself, Laura!" Clara exclaimed, folding her arms aggressively.

"Remind you of someone?" Remus smirked.

Clara's eyes widened, and she let out a shrill laugh. "Oh yes! Mr. Black!" She said and pointed at a confused Sirius Black.

"No, no. I mean you, Potter." Remus shook his head.

Clara face turned red, and her eyes narrowed at Remus. "You take that back! Never, ever compare me to that filthy slug!"

"Oh puh-lease, Clara, you do not terrify me." Remus sighed, and chuckled to himself.

"Well then, I'll make you terrified of me, Lupin." Clara objected, and began walking in front of the rest, an arrogant stride obvious.

The four behind her burst into laughter. Clara was ever so tempted to turn back and laugh along, but that would look dumb, and they weren't laughing with her, they were laughing at her.

"V, he was kidding!" Sirius called out.

"I don't care, Black! I'm sick of it!" Clara huffed.

Sirius frowned from behind Clara. "There's no need to make a big deal about it." He muttered.

Remus placed his hand on Sirius' shoulder, "she's going through a rough time. It's obvious."

"But..."

"Oi, Potter!"

Clara turned around as she walked into the castle. She spotted Jazz running over to her.

"Where are the rest?" Jazz raised an eyebrow.

"They'll be here in a bit." Clara responded in a low voice.

"You all right, Clara?" Jazz questioned.

Clara began continuing her way to the Gryffindor common room.

"Clara!"

"I'm fine. I've got some homework to finish." Clara turned back to Jazz and flashed her a smile.

"I'll come with," Jazz decided, and linked her arm through Clara's.

"That's fine-"

"I have a few questions in Arithmancy, and I'm sure you can help!" Jazz said.

"Well, all right then." Clara gave a quick nod.

"I'll just grab my things, and we'll go to the Library." Clara told Jazz, and turned to the portrait of the Fat Lady.

"Uh-huh." Jazz gave Clara a thumbs up.