02 | undesired partner

Sunghoon's POV

"As much as I hate pairing up with someone, this cast literally is worse than that." I complained, trying to shove my fingers of my other hand inside the cast on my broken hand to scratch it. We were on our way to the headquarters in a car with Heeseung as my free driver.

"And it stinks like— holy shit, what died in there?" He said, scrunching his nose in disgust and making me roll my eyes at him.

"How about I give you a broken arm so that you experience my suffering?" I retorted and punched his shoulder slightly with my right hand. He furrowed his eyebrows, glancing at me.

"Your cast is going to be taken off in a few days, Sunghoon. Stop reacting so much." My free driver said, annoying me for the fifth time today with his highly annoying intelligence.

"But the pain I suffered is a lot, free driver. Now shut your mouth and do what you are paid for." I ordered, before being thrown to the side of the car as Heeseung took a sharp right turn, probably taking revenge because I had called him my free driver. I sat straight, rubbing the side of my head which had been yeeted at the car window.

He gave me a smug look and took out his goggles out of his pocket and wore them, his other hand not leaving the steering wheel.

"Stay in your line or else the next thing you will see is your ugly face being rubbed against the road."

━━━━━(🍂)━━━━━

"Babe, I missed you so much." I said, looking at my gun lovingly. I heard a snicker from behind me, followed by fake coughs to cover it up. We were in my office since I had decided to make a pit stop there to check if someone had raided my chicks. And by chicks, I meant my prized belongings, of course.

"If you are done smooching your babe, we need to go." The dangerous free driver piped up from behind. I clicked my tongue in annoyance.

"Sometimes I literally wonder if you are my boss, my associate who is on the other side of the mic with me or my best friend." I said, before walking out of the room bickering with him while we walked together to the main room and stood in front of it.

"Welcome back." A deep and familiar voice spoke up, as soon as the doors slid open after sensing our presence. We entered a big room with a huge white table in the center, the walls decorated with glass frames and a computer screen. A male was sitting on a chair opposite to us, two chairs placed in front of us to sit. Both of us took our place in the empty chairs, looking ahead at our boss.

"Here is the information about your future associate." He said, sliding a file across the table at my direction. I opened the flap and saw a picture of a brunette with pink highlights, winking at the camera while making a victory sign with her hand.

"Nice joke, sir." I said and started laughing but my laughs slowly died down when no one in the room even smiled, only my laughter echoing through the silence. "Oh no." I muttered as I stared at the picture, horrified.

"Well—" My boss, Mr. Brown said, standing up from his seat and pressing a button on the remote control in his hand, resulting in a video clip being played on the big screen in front of us. "She is one of the excellent agents on the field, like you Mr. Park. Her hand to hand combat has helped her complete many international missions, before things got quiet and boring for her in the country she was posted in, and decided to come here." He said, as we witnessed a girl with shocking green highlights single handedly tackle four huge men in a training room. Perhaps she had green highlights back then when she was training, before getting bored and dying them pink.

"Sir, I hate to say this but her obsession of having weird colored hair might blow our cover and end up being the cause of our death on a mission." I interrupted, determined to put down the idea of the girl with funky hair pairing up with a handsome and disciplined agent like me.

Also, it's best if I work alone because the poor girl might just end up standing there while I do the entire work and get the credit and fame.

"Her hair won't cause you any trouble. You have my word." Mr. Brown assured me. I let out a defeated sigh, before nodding in response. He turned to look at Heeseung and handed him a pen drive.

"This contains all the details of Agent Rivera. You will be guiding her through the missions like you do for Sunghoon." He said, smiling. Heeseung thanked Mr. Brown, taking the pen drive from him and pocketing it.

"When will I meet her?" I asked, looking at Mr. Brown curiously. He hummed in response and looked down at his wrist watch.

"In about five minutes."