26 | tourist spot

Sunghoon's POV

"Eliminating him before he can act up against the planning." Thea spoke softly, staring down at the floor while she tried to bend her mind around that fact. The ex-supervisor nodded, agreeing with her.

"That's why Brandon filled in Heeseung's spot so that he and Mr. Anderson can get rid of us, isn't it?" I asked the male sitting on the chair, to which he nodded again and agreed with me. Thea punched the wall lightly with her fist, clearly pissed at the fact that we were literally set into a death trap with no where to go.

I let out a defeated sigh and walked ahead, removing the cuffs off Mr. Rodriguez's hand and throwing them to Thea who caught it in mid air and walked outside the cell with it and the briefcase she had brought inside earlier.

"Don't try anything fishy, you are being watched all the time." I ordered as I walked out of the cell and closed the door, leaving the man alone inside. He nodded solemnly, massaging his aching wrists. I stood aside while Thea locked the door so that he had no chance of escaping.

Silence filled the air since both of us walked quietly through the corridors, thinking about the information we had received during the interrogation. Suddenly Thea scoffed, shaking her head slowly to herself.

"Something's bothering you?" I asked her, turning around my head slightly to look at her. She simply shook her head and stopped, letting out a soft breathy chuckle.

"I don't know if I should kick myself for not trying hard enough to find that imbecile after he went missing, or be glad that I didn't catch him back then because, after all, he turned out to be pretty useful." She said, shaking her shoulders as she looked up at me and then back at the floor, puffing up her cheek. Even if I was standing beside her, I could see the conflict was eating her from the inside.

"You should be glad, if you ask me." I said, trying to cheer her up. She stared at my face for a few seconds, before nodding while a small smile ran on her lips.

"You're right." She said, a soft smile on her lips. "Everything happens for a reason." She added, telling it more to herself than me. I saw the female walk away, leaving me behind with that one sentence of hers playing in my mind on repeat.

"Everything happens for a reason..." I muttered to myself, somehow my mind going back to how we both had ended up working with each other even though I never meant to think about it like that.

Damn Agent Rivera, I think you are doing something to me.

Thea's POV

"You look really worked up, Thea. You should relax for a bit." Jay interrupted while I poured myself a cup of coffee from the machine in the cafeteria. I turned around and saw him leaning against the table with his elbow placed on it to support his body, looking at me.

"How the heck will I relax knowing the person who filled in as our guide agent along with his supervisor are after our necks?" I retorted which made Jay's hand slip in shock and resulting in the male almost falling on the floor but fortunately, he saved himself just in time.

"What?!" He yelled in surprise, his eyes wide as saucers. I nodded as I began narrating what had happened during the interrogation and what all names Mr. Rodriguez had taken.

"This is very bad, Thea. I had never expected something like this to happen." He said, running his hand through his hair while thinking about it. I nodded solemnly, when I heard footsteps approaching towards us.

"Why is this place so empty? I just saw a few staff members and some agents." Sunghoon asked, motioning towards his surroundings.

"This place is always deserted. The other agents prefer visiting the main station in Tokyo for their missions; they only come here when they want to get some information extracted or turn in someone." I replied, shrugging my shoulders. I had myself been here twice before so I knew what all things went on about. Sunghoon nodded, keeping that fact in his mind.

"You haven't been here before?" Jay asked, slightly surprised seeing my partner being so clueless about this place. He shook his head, denying.

"Well then, we should give you a short tour of what we have in store."

Sunghoon's POV

"This is the spot where Jay got sick and barfed into his hand." Thea proudly announced, pointing at the floor. My eyes widened as I turned my head around to look at the said male, who was busy glaring at Thea. We were on our way to the short tour, before Thea had suddenly stopped at one of the turns in order to show a 'tourist spot'.

"You forgot the keyword, woman. I almost barfed into my hand." He argued, emphasising on the word 'almost'. I cracked up, both of them bickering with each other over the fact whether Jay had really puked in his hand or not.

"For god's sake stop it— I'll get sick." I said, covering my mouth and trying to stifle my chuckles.

"Oh— that's great then. I'll declare this spot as the place where two Parks barfed." She said, nodding furiously and showing a thumbs up. Both of us co-incidently yelled together in protest, before bursting out into peals of laughter.

Thea shook her head at us, clearing her throat abruptly to grab our attention.

"Okay, enough jokes. Let's get to work."