55 | saving some asses

Sunghoon's POV

Even before I could register the fact that Jessica was standing there with her gun aimed at us, an unexpected force pushed me aside but by the time I stopped myself, I was already a few feet away from Thea.

"Jessica, no!" I yelled, standing up on my feet when all of a sudden I heard a gunshot, my body jerking to a stop in shock.

I looked over at Thea and saw her sitting on the ground with her eyes closed, not even moving an inch after she had pushed me. My gaze fell on Jessica, who instead collapsed on the ground with a soft thud, the gun cluttering out of her hand.

I quickly made my way towards Thea and wrapped my arms around her, her eyelids fluttering open as soon as she felt my presence.

"She didn't shoot me?!" She exclaimed, looking around to see what exactly had happened. I heard her gasp loudly, making me look up only to see Jay running towards us.

"I can see that I saved someone's ass." He said, grinning at Thea. The latter scoffed, rolling her eyes at him. I looked ahead and saw many new faces, quite young, fighting against Anderson's minions.

"You were supposed to be here earlier." She retorted playfully, when a young girl maybe around to age of twenty came jogging towards him.

"The men outside have been tied up, sir. The senior agents have taken them away." She said, glancing at us both to make sure we weren't a danger.

"Good job, Chay. Tell the others to wrap it up quick." Jay said, acknowledging her leave with a quick nod.

"You got the new recruits as backup?" I asked him, slightly in shock since all I saw was a bunch of youngsters— probably around the age of eighteen to twenty— happily working with the battered and tired agents by shooting tranquilizers and tying up the bad guys.

"I got others too but someone from here had called backup so we needed them to take care of that." He stated, shrugging his shoulders casually like it was no big deal.

"Yo Kate, can we kick their asses and pretend we are taking them to dungeon?" I saw one of the guys ask a girl with short hair, who was busy putting cuffs on Brandon's hands while he was passed out cold on the floor.

"Does kicking someone's ass kill them, Zach?" She asked him, making the younger male shake his head in denial. "Then why are you asking me? As long as you don't want Mr. Park to kick your ass instead, don't accidently kill anyone."

"But he himself shot that blondie there." A girl spoke up, wearily looking at our direction. Her statement made the Zach dude and another boy snicker, only to cover it up by pretending to cough.

"Honestly speaking Natasha, even that lady's dead face looks mean. So cut him some slack, sheesh." The male snickering with Zach replied, earning a nod from Natasha.

"Mingyou, I can literally hear you from here." Jay suddenly piped up, all three of them breaking out into peals of laughter except Mingyou, who just pretended to be very interested in the tranquilizer gun in his hand.

"You guys are never going to learn, I swear!" I female's voice was heard from a distance. Jay let out an exasperated sigh while Thea just giggled at the scene, annoying the male even more.

"Shut your trap, Siya! Get back to your work." Zach yelled back, when a young girl around the age of nineteen walked towards him, slapping his head from behind.

"Give some break to these agents, Zach! The last thing they would want to hear is us probationary agents bickering." She scolded him, before giving us an apologetic look.

"Alright, Chelsea. I'm sorry." He muttered, after which she walked over us with a couple of spare handcuffs in her hand.

"My colleagues are done with cuffing them up, sir. Should we remove this body?" She asked Jay while pointing at Jessica's dead body, to which he hummed in response. She nodded and left, leaving us three alone again.

"Agency is in good hands, yeah?" I spoke up softly, earning a small chuckle from Jay while Thea just sat there, holding her injured hand.

"It sure is." He replied, when his gaze fell onto Thea's hand. "Broken?" He asked, raising one of his eyebrow in curiosity.

"Maybe a hairline fracture, doesn't hurt that much now." She stated, shrugging her shoulders.

Thea's POV

"By the way," Jay began, looking over at Sunghoon and giving him a knowing look. "Are you guys dating?" He asked, a mischievous grin on his face. Seeing our faces bearing a blank look, he understood that nothing of that sort had happened yet.

And with that, my dude just facepalmed and let out a sigh of sheer disappointment.

"I can't with you guys anymore. I'm leaving." He said, shaking his head and us and then walking over to a small group of agents who were talking amongst themselves.

"So..." I heard Sunghoon speak up, before clearing his throat abruptly. I tried to suppress my laughter, knowing that though Sunghoon is confident enough to do some shit, this is something out of his comfort level.

I just know, okay? Plus I'll probably reject Dipshit if he asks me out first.

Just kidding.

"We are dating from now and you are my boyfriend." I said casually, resting my head on his shoulder and watching as Yonghwa guided the younger agents along with Jay in taking away the new prisoners.

"Was that a question or a statement?" I heard him ask quietly, making me laugh at his question.

"It was a statement, Dipshit. Deal with it." I said, rolling my eyes at him.

"Well, I'm already dealing with you, Bubbles." He retorted playfully, to which I elbowed him in his ribs.

Ah yes, just like the way I had elbowed him in the ribs when we were talking to Mr. Haruno in Japan.

"Shut up, Buttercup."

"Then stop hitting me, Smurf."

"New insult?"

"You bet."