17 | challenge accepted

Thea's POV

I observed the bathroom door being flung open, a terrified male wrapped in a white fluffy towel waist down dashing out of it in full speed with his perfectly sculpted torso on full display.

"Oh god that disgusting thing!" He said, his face scrunched up in disgust as he quickly closed the door of the bathroom behind him and leaned against it, panting. "I hate bugs— especially when they start flying." He muttered, trying to catch his breath, his wet hair a complete mess.

I sucked in a deep breath and whistled at the scene in front me, while grabbing Sunghoon's sunglasses and putting them on. He looked at me, confused as heck as to why I was wearing sunglasses at night and whistling.

"Damn papi, isn't it hot in here?" I asked fanning myself with my hand while pretending I was sitting under the hot sun.

"Are you mad?! There's a freaking huge bug inside and all you care about is the room being hot— oh— wait—" He stopped, realisation dawning upon him that he was literally standing there shirtless and his waist wrapped in a towel which helped in keeping the things holy.

"I don't actually care about the bug frankly until you put on some damn clothes and avoid making people think some nasty business is going on here." I said, getting up from my bed and throwing a pair of clothes at his face. I removed my sunglasses and put them back into their case.

They were technically his but I doubt if anyone cares about that.

"Nasty business, hmm?" He asked me, clearly amused. I hummed in response in general, not really bothered by what he was trying to imply.

I was busy putting my phone on charging when I suddenly felt a presence behind me. Curious, I turned around and almost jumped back in surprise as I saw Sunghoon standing just inches away from me with a smug smile on his face. I squinted my eyes at him and looked at him from head to toe.

"I think I told you to put on some clothes." I deadpanned, folding my arms across my chest.

"And what if I don't want to?" He replied cockily, moving a step closer to me, reducing the distance between us drastically. I didn't move an inch from my place but instead I just tried to stare him down knowing that going back would just let him know he won.

"I'm not one of your fangirls who will get flustered on seeing you like this, Agent Park. You need to try harder in my case." I spoke softly, tilting my head and looking at him in the eye with my voice just louder than a whisper. He softly chuckled at my statement, slowly nodding.

"Challenge accepted, Agent Rivera."

Sunghoon's POV

I was sleeping soundly when suddenly my phone started ringing, ruining it. I opened my eyes and grabbed my phone off the bedside table sleepily to look at the caller ID and realised that Heeseung was calling me.

"What happened? Called so late?" I asked, my voice husky since I had just woken up.

"Sunghoon, where are you and Thea right now?" He asked, his voice sounding a bit far from the microphone. I heard a horn blowing somewhere far from him which told me that he was driving while on the call, his phone probably on speaker.

"We are still in the hotel in Hiroshima. Tomorrow we are heading towards the location you sent us. Why?" I asked, now sitting up straight since I had noticed the urgency in his voice.

"Everything is messed up here, Sunghoon. I was going back to my office to contact you guys again when I overheard some people- probably from the agency talking about something which has literally shaken me right now." He replied, his voice clearly showing he was very worried about something. I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to figure out what he was trying to say.

"Heeseung first of all, calm down. Tell me what happened." I said, comforting him and trying to keep the latter from worrying too much.

"They were talking about Mr. Brown being Shit!" He yelled, stopping mid sentence. I suddenly heard a loud horn, screeching of tyres followed by a very loud crash. My heart clenched in fear as I began calling out his name waiting for him to respond but none came from the other side. Instead after a few seconds, the call dropped.

"What's wrong, Sunghoon?" I heard Thea softly speak up while she sat up on her bed with the support of her hands, her eyelids still half closed due to waking up suddenly from deep slumber.

Thea's POV

I saw Sunghoon just stand there with his phone in his hand which was visibly shaking. Sensing that something was very wrong, I quickly got up and stood in front of him, shaking his shoulders gently to pull him out of his stupor.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, glancing down at his phone and then meeting his eyes again.

"I think Heeseung got into an accident—" He said, his voice barely loud enough for me to hear. He collapsed on his bed and sat down while still looking at me. My heart almost stopped beating after hearing this news, my hands feeling numb at the sudden information.

"Say sike right now, Sunghoon. This is not funny." I told him, poking him weakly on his shoulder and internally praying that he would say sike and just laugh over it. He shook his head, burying his face in his trembling hands after dropping his phone on the bed as the shock finally settled upon him.

"It just happened right now, Thea. I was on a call with him and—" He paused, his voice cracking too much. I quickly sat down beside him, knowing my legs wouldn't be able to balance my weight anymore.

I wrapped my arms around him, knowing how much he was struggling to keep it together. I felt my own tears trail down my cheek as I comforted my associate, who had not been able to hold himself any longer and was now softly crying in my arms.

"He will be alright, don't worry."