24 | old friend

Thea's POV

"I had forgotten there was a fast food outlet version too." Sunghoon muttered while I drove down the slope whose entrance had opened after we had been identified, into the private parking space.

"Order me some medium fries and a small coke with no ice." I mimicked him badly, earning a light smack on my arm which caused me to burst out into peals of laughter.

I took a right turn towards the parking lot and quickly parked the car in an empty space when I spotted a familiar male standing near the entrance of the Detention Base, which connected the underground parking lot; the latter's arms folded across his chest with his signature one-sided smile on his face.

"You know him?" Sunghoon asked curiously after seeing the male wave at me eagerly. I nodded, quickly getting out of the car and jogging towards my colleague.

"I didn't expect you to be here!" I said, greeting the male with a fist bump and a huge grin on my face.

"Me neither. I was pretty surprised when I saw you at the drive-thru." Jay said, pulling me into a polite hug. "Damn, how long has it been since we last worked together?" He asked, his eyebrow raised in curiosity as we pulled ourselves apart from the hug.

"One fat year, you idiot." I said, flicking his forehead when someone called out my name from afar, catching my attention.

"Thea! I'm not going to get this man out myself!" I heard Sunghoon shout from a distance while standing beside the car and pointing at it. I let out a frustrated sigh and pinched my nose bridge, resisting the temptation curse out loud.

"Annoying?" Jay whispered, looking at my associate who wore a pair of sunglasses and made his way towards us, pretending to be cool by dusting non-existent dust particles from his shoulder.

"Very. But he's a good guy." I whispered back, earning a snicker from the latter.

"Agent Park." Sunghoon introduced himself, stretching out his hand in Jay's direction. Jay accepted his hand, shaking it politely while smiling back.

"Jay." He said, nodding. Sunghoon raised his eyebrows, perhaps he had not expected Jay to be informal with him.

"Just Jay?" He asked, glancing at me.

"His last name is Park too." I said, coughing and indirectly telling him to shut up and quit being nosy. Luckily, he took the hint, because I swear I saw him almost choke on air in surprise.

"You brought someone?—" Jay asked, pointing at our car. I mentally sighed in relief after seeing the topic being changed so that Sunghoon won't humiliate himself further.

"A prisoner. We are going to interrogate him."

Sunghoon's POV

I walked along with Mr. Rodriguez, whose hands were cuffed behind his back. We were on our way to the cells where the criminals which are caught are detained for proofs or witnesses, even for interrogation. Our prisoner's head hung down, his eyes blindfolded so that he couldn't see anything and even try to attack us.

Thea and Jay walked in front of me, talking with each other as they caught up with things.

Don't ask me how many hows, whys and whens I had heard. At this point I had lost count and wasn't even interested to continue to do it. The only interesting fact that I learned after over hearing their conversation that they had worked together twice, the second time a year back.

Soon we approached an empty cell, four of us stopping in front of it.

"It's the same system." Jay said, motioning towards the lock, which was accessed by finger-prints. "You guys carry on, I'll be back." He said, earning a nod from Thea and then walking away. Thea pressed her thumb against the glass, the doors sliding open moments after she pressed a few numbers on the virtual keypad.

"In you go, honey." She muttered, grabbing Mr. Rodriguez's arm from me and directing him to go inside the cubicle. She went inside with him and made him sit on a chair kept in a corner, opening his blindfold.

His eyes widened in fear as he saw Thea, glancing at me since I was just standing behind her. She pulled up another chair lying in the corner and sat down on it, her chin resting on the palm of her hand while her arm was propped up with the help of her elbow position on her lap, causing her to bend forward with her gaze on him.

"You remember me, don't you?" She asked, her voice sickly sweet but filled with sarcasm. I knew she wanted to strangle him for killing Eugene right then and there, but she knew better since killing him would be of no help to us.

"It's been long." Our new prisoner replied, clearly nervous as cold sweat beaded his face while meeting Thea's eyes.

"Of course it has been!" She exclaimed loudly, sitting straight on her chair. "You must have missed working me and Eugene, right? Whom you killed heartlessly when you got to know he was going to expose you?" She asked, a fake smile plastered on her face and looking at Mr. Rodriguez intently.

"Look Thea, it's all in the past—" He began but was cut short as Thea grabbed his neck in one swift motion, his chair almost toppling behind in force.

"All in the past?! Do you know how much I suffered?!" She yelled at him, her fingers pressing themselves against his neck, slowly choking him. "I swear I'm going to fucking kill you just like you murdered him, bitch." She threatened him, her voice just louder than a whisper.

I quickly walked towards her and placed my hand on her shoulder, trying to stop her since I could already see him having trouble breathing. She left his neck, making him wheeze and cough as he tried to regain his breath.

"You do the questioning, please. I'll probably kill him if I do it." She spoke softly while standing beside me, both of us watching Mr. Rodriguez breathe heavily. I hummed in response, to which Thea nodded and left the room.

As soon as Thea left, I sat onto the empty chair kept in front of our hostage and waited for him to calm down.

"Let's be honest to avoid any pain, shall we?"