23 | hair pin is dangerous

Thea's POV

Luckily, he stopped and turned around to look at me.

"This way—" I quickly pointed at the lane and jogged towards it, trying not to show my masked face in case my assumption had turned out wrong. I ran inside the alleyway and looked behind to see him following me.

I celebrated internally, knowing that he hadn't recognised me owing to the fact that it had been quite a long time since we last saw each other. By wearing the mask and changing my voice slightly helped me mask my identity even more perfectly.

"Where is he?" He asked, looking around to find my non-existent boyfriend. I quickly removed the pin from my hair and with a swift motion, pricked him with it on the side of his neck.

"Sorry." I muttered, removing the pin and wearing it again when I saw a familiar car come up, blocking the entrance which connected the lane to the main path. I quickly removed my mask, since it was getting pretty hot for me to be comfortable.

"Thea—" Mr. Rodgriuez's eyes widened, before he crumpled onto the ground. 

Sunghoon's POV

"I need to start lifting weights again when I hit the gym next time." Thea muttered, her teeth clenched in effort as we heaved up the unconscious man and shoved him into the backseat of our car.

I chuckled at her comment and opened the door of the car, sitting on the seat beside the driver's. Thea quickly sat on the driver's seat and started the car, speeding it up as we got out of the place.

"You sure you know the way?" I asked her to which she nodded in response. I looked behind and saw Mr. Haruno's assassin passed out cold on the backseat, showing no movement apart from breathing.

"He will be out for five hours." Thea spoke up, answering the question I was just about to ask her. "Even if he wakes up again, I have kept a few more doses ready already." She added, patting on the flap of the glove box. I nodded, glancing at the unconscious man again for the last time. I turned on my earpiece, while looking ahead at the empty roads which were dimly lit with the help of the street lights.

"Hello?" I spoke into it, hoping Brandon was online. I heard a chair being dragged across the floor, followed by someone clicking the mouse.

"Yes, I'm here." I heard him speak up from the other side.

"We are on our way to Detention Base 23 since we have found a lead on the case." I informed him, earning a hum in response.

"I can see your location right now. Do you want me to give you directions?" He asked from the other end of the call.

"We are fine. Agent Rivera claims that she knows the way." I said, politely denying the offer. Thea nodded at my statement, her eyes glued to the road.

"Alright. Give me a call if anything happens."

━━━━━(🍂)━━━━━

"How much more do we have to travel?" I asked Thea, getting a bit impatient since we have been driving on the same highway for at least three hours and she had not taken any exit yet.

"An hour or two, that's it." She responded, shrugging her shoulders. I looked down at the watch and realised it was already one in the morning.

No wonder the highway was so empty.

I was busy staring out of the window and keeping a watch on the unconscious male in the backseat when suddenly a huge truck came out of nowhere, coming at us in full speed.

"What the—" Thea almost cursed, before turning the steering wheel so hard that our car almost crashed into the roadside barriers of the highway, barely missing the huge vehicle which went past by us with the same speed. She stopped the car on the side, both of us breathing heavily after avoiding an accident which could have very well killed us.

"That's messed up." I said, my fingers feeling slightly numb after witnessing us nearly land in the hands of death himself. Suddenly we heard a soft groan from behind, both of us looking back in surprise to see Mr. Rodriguez move his hand to his head, which had perhaps banged into the car door when Thea took a sharp turn.

"The glove box— quick!" Thea said, pulling me out of my stupor. I quickly opened the flap and took out a hair pin which looked similar to the one Thea had used.

I stood up slightly from my seat and leaned behind, stabbing Mr. Rodriguez's arm with it. After a few seconds his body went limp, indicating that the drug had started to show it's results.

"Nice thing to carry around." I muttered, staring at the innocent-looking-but-very-dangerous object in my hand.

"I know right? Better than those fake insulin syringes I had used once." She said, taking the hair pin from me and putting it back into the glove box. I snickered at her remark as she resumed driving and sped up the car.

━━━━━(🍂)━━━━━

"Are you serious? You want to eat a burger at three in the morning?" I asked as Thea took a left turn to get into the drive-thru of a fast food outlet. She rolled her eyes at me and stopped the car in front of a speaker, lowering her side of the window in order to speak to the machine which was right beside our car.

"What would you like to have?" An automated voice was heard through the small speaker.

"Anyways if you are ordering something, get me medium pack of fries if you can and a small soda without ice." I whispered in her ear to which she turned her head around to look at me, giving me an annoyed glare as if I was a kid bothering her for a candy.

"Identification number 9456 and 8942." Thea spoke up, casually yawning afterwards like it was part of her everyday routine. I sighed, knowing that I won't be getting fries and soda anytime soon.

Talk about my luck being crappy.

"Please wait." The automated voice spoke up, after going silent again. Soon after a minute or so, the red lights on the speaker turned blue, indicating that the thing had recognised us.

"Welcome Agent Rivera and Agent Park."