41 | agents to criminals

Thea's POV

"We are out of first aid supplies and a few medicines." I announced while shutting the drawer after searching for the said things. Both of the guys were still busy eating their breakfast on the dining table, my sudden statement making them look up at me. I stood up straight and placed my hands on my waist, my eyes resting on the two males.

"Is it very urgent? We should avoid going out if we want to keep our profile low." Sunghoon piped up, wondering whether going out now was a good idea or not. I looked at him for a few more seconds, giving him a look which clearly said 'you-already-know-the-answer-dumbass'.

After glaring at him for a few seconds he sighed in defeat, picking up his now-empty plate and stood up from his chair.

"Fine. I'll go and buy them." He said, walking past me and keeping his plate in the sink, then going into the room to change his clothes. I grinned, knowing that I had managed to make his lazy ass finally do some work.

No applause, please. I just know how to make people get to work.

━━━━━(🍂)━━━━━

I was busy unpacking and setting up the things which were inside the box Sunghoon had opened recently when suddenly my phone started ringing. Wondering who was calling me, I picked up my phone and checked the caller ID only to realise it was Jay.

"Are you guys freaking dumb?!" I heard him scold me as soon as I accepted the call.

"Geez, a 'good morning' would have been better." I retorted, knowing that my reply would just annoy him even more. I heard him let out a deep sigh from the other side, clearly trying not to get more angry on me.

I know, I am an amazing friend.

"Thea, I am very serious over here." He said gravely, his tone shifting to something even more serious. The smile on my face faltered as I realised that he must have something to say which was really important.

"Go on. I'm listening." I muttered, keeping down the photo frame in my hand on the coffee table, deciding to do the rest of the work later.

"Everyone knows you and Sunghoon are not dead. All the agents have been given orders to catch hold of you both, alive." He finally broke the news, his voice giving away that he was greatly worried for us. I felt the air get sucked out of my in shock, my eyes widening at the horrible news.

"Oh god— are you kidding me?! This is a fucking disaster." I muttered, flabbergasted. I heard him hum in response from the other side, followed by a short span of silence as both of us tried to comprehend the seriousness of the situation.

"Anderson knows you both took a flight to South Korea, Thea. He has called back a few agents posted in the country to hunt you both down." He added. I nodded to myself, keeping in mind the fact that as soon as this call ended, I had to tell this to everyone and discuss what we have to do next.

"Where are you right now?" I asked him, curious since I could hear some background noises, along with people speaking in the surroundings.

"I'm leaving Japan in thirty minutes. You won't be able to contact me for a couple of hours later on." He replied. I hummed in response, though my brain was still stuck on the piece of information Jay had given me a few minutes back.

"Text me when you reach. I need to tell this to Heeseung and Sunghoon." 

Sunghoon's POV

I was walking down the street with a bag filled with supplies in my hand, humming a tune to myself. I stood near the road crossing, waiting for the pedestrian's light to turn green when someone caught my eye across the street.

I looked closely at the female and realised that it was Jessica Blunt, one of the agents who is a part of this conspiracy. She was quietly waiting across the street for the signal to turn green while looking into her phone.

I cursed under my breath and adjusted my cap, pulling it down a bit and making sure that my face was not completely visible to her. Soon enough, the signal changed from red to green, all the pedestrians who were waiting on the sidewalk crossing the road together.

I casually merged with the crowd and walked to the other side of the street with them, Jessica going past me without even looking up from her phone. I sighed in relief as soon as I reached the other side, quickly walking away from there in case she spotted me later on.

Soon after around ten minutes I reached Thea's apartment and rang the doorbell, still wondering what was Jessica doing here because as far as I knew, she was supposed to be on a mission in the Middle East. The door flew open after a few seconds, revealing Thea with a very worried expression on her face.

"Something bad happened. Come inside." She said, motioning me to step inside the house. 

"What?" I asked, walking past her. She motioned me to follow her after which she went inside the bedroom where Heeseung was sitting on the bed, half of his face buried in his hands as he stared at the screen of the open laptop.

At the sound of our footsteps, he looked up at us and acknowledged our presence with a slight nod.

"Look at this." He said, turning the laptop so that the screen faced towards us. I moved forward and sat down on the edge of the mattress, reading the notice he was showing me.

"They know we are alive and hiding somewhere." Thea stated dejectedly, quietly sitting down beside me. I hummed in response as I saw the picture of me and Thea in the airport's parking lot, both of us standing near the black sports car we had left behind.

The picture was slightly blur owning to the picture quality of the CCTV camera, but one could clearly make out our faces if the picture was zoomed properly.

It was probably taken when we were getting our things out of the car just before entering the airport.

"The agents have been ordered to bring us in alive, though." I said, trying to sound a bit positive.

Well, being wanted alive was far better than them not caring whether we were dead or not.

But there was nothing much 'good' about it in order to pop open a champagne bottle and celebrate it anyways.

"And then kill us off later on." Thea muttered, clicking her tongue. "We need to come up with a plan real quick before they find our location." She said, looking at me and Heeseung intently to see if anyone of us had any ideas.

I was about to open my mouth to ask something when I remembered what I had to tell about my short trip to the medical store.

"Not to make anyone worry or such but— I saw Jessica while on the way back home."