45 | late night talks

Thea's POV

I would be lying if I don't say I wasn't slightly surprised at his question. I looked at him for a few seconds and realised that he was actually being pretty serious about it.

"I don't think so if I think about it— I do have a few regrets but I have accepted them as they are." I said, letting out a small sigh as I recollected those moments where I either made bad decisions and something went horribly wrong unlike how I had predicted.

"It must have taken time to accept them, isn't it?" He asked, looking at me intently for my response. I nodded, agreeing to his statement.

"What about you?" I asked him, wondering whether if he had any regrets which he would like to change. I saw his expression momentarily falter, just the slightest bit but it was enough for me to notice it.

"None as of now." He said, putting up a smile on his face. My guts told me that something was wrong here, but I knew it wasn't a good time to throw questions at him about something he wasn't comfortable to share.

Both of us then sat in the dark in silence, the sound of crickets clearly audible as the entire city was asleep, resting themselves so that they can go on with their regular schedule the next day.

"We should go to sleep, you know? It's quite late." I suggested, turning my head around to look at him while he just hung his head down, staring at the floor.

"Were you awake all this time? Or did you wake up after hearing me say something?" He asked, lifting his head up to look at me. I let out a small chuckle as I picked up my phone, switching it on.

"Don't kill me but I was awake watching web series." I said, showing him the screen of my phone which displayed the last scene where I had paused the video in order to wake up Sunghoon. He slapped his forehead and shook his head slowly, his expression on his face clearly saying he was done with me.

"I swear to God—" He muttered, snatching the phone from my hand to have a better look at it.

"Hey— give me my phone back!" I whisper-shouted, leaning towards him in order to grab my phone. He grinned as he stretched out his hand to make it out of reach, leaning back in order to increase the distance even more between the phone and my hand.

"Get it if you can, Bubbles." He teased me, while I helplessly tried to take my phone away from his him.

Knowing that it was way too out of my reach now, I lunged at him.

After all, desperate times call for desperate measures. There's no way I'm gonna let anyone see all the shit which is there saved in my phone.

"What the f—" He cursed, but poor guy couldn't even finish his sentence when he was thrown down on his back on the mattress, while I jumped on top of him and finally managed to pull out my phone from his grip.

"I win, Dipshit." I said, throwing a wink in his direction.

"This should be labelled as foul play—" He muttered, slightly frowning after seeing me beat him like this.

"Is Agent Park mad at me for winning over him?" I whispered playfully, making him burst out chuckling at my failed attempt of trying to be sassy and petty at the same time, which unfortunately sounded cute enough to cringe me out.

"Gosh, shut up." He said, rolling his eyes at me, a smile still lingering on his face. As soon as his eyes met mine again, I felt a weird feeling in my gut as if a butterfly was practicing salsa in my stomach.

Both of our breath fell on each other's faces, our eyes not leaving each other's. Suddenly, he broke the eye contact and looked down at my lips when at the same time the lights of the bedroom turned on, followed by the sound of crutches being picked up.

"Shit—" Sunghoon muttered, both of our eyes widening at the sudden sound. He wrapped his arm around me and turned to his side, causing me to lie on the mattress beside him, my face facing his while his back faced the bedroom's door, hiding my body completely from the view.

After a few long minutes, which seemed like an eternity, the lights were switched off indicating Heeseung had gone back to sleep.

"I should probably go before he decides it's a good time to grab a midnight snack." I whispered, unwrapping Sunghoon's hand from my waist in order to get up.

"Goodnight." He wished me, smiling. I nodded, wishing him back and then tiptoeing back to my bed, lying down on it. I observed Sunghoon shift a bit to make himself comfortable, and then fall asleep after sometime. My perception was confirmed, after I heard him snoring softly.

I lied there awake, staring at the ceiling while gathering my emotions which were suddenly all over the place after the small conversation with Sunghoon.

Oh God, I think I have fallen for my own associate so hard it's nearly impossible to go back now.

Sunghoon's POV

I was sleeping peacefully when I suddenly I heard someone arguing with someone in a low voice but their voice clearly giving away they were getting impatient.

"This is the only way, Heeseung. I was awake thinking about this." Thea said, her voice coming from the bedroom.

"It sounds too reckless, Thea." Heeseung replied, clearly not satisfied with her idea.

"It isn't. Trust me, nothing would go wrong." Thea assured the male, her voice calm and pacifying. I stood up from my bed and walked towards the room, wondering what was the discussion about when I stopped after listening to Heeseung's reply.

"I have heard that before." The older male spoke softly.

"Heard what?" Thea asked him, clearly confused.

"The line 'trust me'. It's overused in movies." Heeseung replied, followed by bursting out into peals of laughter. I heard a few smacks which made the older yelp in surprise, Thea cursing at him for joking in middle of a heated discussion.

I smiled to myself, wondering what had I even achieved in my past life to be surrounded by such people.

Let's not talk about how much I sound like an old man here, thanks.

"Can't you guys keep it a bit down? I was sleeping peacefully before you idiots started to argue." I said, peeping my head inside the room to see Thea sitting on the bed cross-legged, Heeseung sitting opposite to her with Thea's laptop on his lap.

"It's almost noon, dumbass. You overslept."