34 | handsome but annoying

Thea's POV

"Well heck, even if you wanted to undress me why tear open my shirt instead of just unbuttoning it?" Sunghoon whispered, looking down at his torn shirt and then meeting my eyes. I rolled my eyes at him and covered his half exposed chest with shirt material, my cheeks slightly heating up after thinking about the current situation.

Imagine yourself in a bathroom hiding from some people along with an annoying yet very handsome person and then accidently ripping his shirt open when you are trying not to fall on your face.

Okay, forget the fact that I called Sunghoon handsome. His ego does not need to get any bigger.

"Why the f— never mind. I'll just pretend I didn't hear that." I whispered, walking away from him when suddenly he pulled me closer to him by my hand. My eyes widened as my body fell against his while my hands rested on his shoulders to prevent myself from falling.

"You are making too much noise by moving around. Stay still." He muttered, turning his head around at the door's direction and watching it if anyone was about to come inside. His tightened neck muscles were clearly visible while his adam's apple moved up and down slightly in sync with his breathing.

Soon after a few minutes which clearly felt like hours, someone slowly knocked against the door and opened it, only to reveal the nurse. I sighed in relief and realised I had been holding my breath since the past one minute or so.

"The doctor has left—" The nurse said but stopped mid-sentence, looking at both of us with one of her eyebrows slightly arched up. Both of us looked down at our position and then met each other's eyes.

Oh God, please let the ground crack open and swallow me.

We looked like we were making out, Sunghoon's ripped shirt making it even more obvious though it was not the case at all.

"Holy shit—" I cursed, springing back from him like he was made of hot metal. "This is not what it looks like! I just accidently ripped his shirt while trying not to fall and we were totally not—" I started reasoning our situation, my sudden outburst causing Sunghoon to burst out into peals of laughter. I stopped speaking, horrified upon seeing him laugh like this at our reputation being on stake.

"Nothing happened in here, rest assured."

Sunghoon's POV

"We need to get you out of here before they realise you have regained conscious." I explained Heeseung while Thea talked to Jayoung, the nurse who knew about the entire thing. Since it was a bit weird for us to just to call her a nurse, she had introduced herself as soon as we had got out of the hiding place and assembled near Heeseung's bed.

"But how? You have a plan?" Heeseung asked me, curious. I nodded, fishing out my phone from my pocket and dialing my friend's number, showing Heeseung the contact name before calling him. "Oh god, he's going to be mad after knowing we didn't call him after I got into an accident—" Heeseung said, shaking his head and pinching his nose bridge, letting out a small sigh.

"Even if he gets mad, he's probably the only person we would need right now to get you out of here without making anyone suspicious." I replied while I waited for the said man to pick up his phone.

"Hello?" A familiar voice spoke up from the other side, his heavy Australian accent clearly telling me that the phone call was picked up by the right man.

"Where are you right now?" I asked him, showing thumbs up to Heeseung saying that he had picked up the call.

"You called me after two months and you have the nerve to just ask me where I am?!" Jake snapped, taking me by surprise. "Fuck you, Sunghoon. I thought you were my friend." He added, making me almost burst out laughing but I suppressed it since I was in no mood to get yelled upon right now.

"Life's already complete shit, dude. Anyways, I got a lot of tea to spill and after which you need to come here and help us in our escape plan."

━━━━━(🍂)━━━━━

"I swear if my medical license gets revoked, I'm going to kill you." Jake threatened me, while we both were standing near Heeseung and talking amongst ourselves. As soon as I had narrated him the entire story, he had agreed to help us out of this situation and had driven all the way here to check everything himself.

"It won't. We will give it back to you." I assured him, patting his shoulder.

"Your own agency is against you and thinks you are dead. How the hell are you going to give me back my license later on?!" He argued, furrowing his eyebrows at me. I opened my mouth to say something and then closed it back again, knowing that he had a point.

"It's just a matter of time. Even if you get caught and your license is revoked, we can hand it back to you after this gets over." Heeseung said, assuring the latter and smiling at me. Jake nodded, finally agreeing that whatever happened, his professional career wasn't in danger in any case.

Thea's POV

"You know that guy?" Jayoung asked me, while both of us were talking about our future plan about this entire 'catch-the-moles-in-the-agency' thing. I had taken this opportunity to ask her about Heeseung and what all should we have to do so that he heals quickly without being at the hospital, since we had decided to take him to my house after getting out of here.

I turned around and saw Sunghoon and Heeseung talking to their friend. Sunghoon had informed me that his friend was coming here to help us when Jayoung had gone out of the room to attend some emergency.

"He's some friend of theirs who will help us to get Heeseung out of the hospital." I told her, looking back at her again. She nodded, observing the small group of three talk among themselves. I was watched her actions silently when a question popped into my mind.

"Why did you agree to help us?"