32 | two dramatic people

Thea's POV

"I have literally stayed here for only a day." I said, keeping down our luggage on the floor as Sunghoon roamed around the house, checking it out. I opened the windows, which overlooked a small park with tall towers behind it, letting in some fresh air.

"It feels pretty cozy, though there's not much furniture." He replied, plopping down on the couch. I smiled, switching on one of the lamps kept near the door.

"I still got a few boxes to unpack." I told him, shrugging my shoulders. He hummed in response, nodding. Soon after half an hour or so, both of us had changed into our casuals followed by deciding that we should get a couple of hours of sleep even though it was almost four in the morning.

Sunghoon's POV

I was awakened by the voices of two people talking loudly, a female and a male to be precise. I opened my eyes slightly and noticed that the door of the bedroom was closed.

Thea had decided that I should sleep on the bed in her room, since it would be rude to make me sleep on the floor in her own house, keeping in mind the fact that there was a huge chance of me accidently hitting my injured arm on the floor in sleep.

I grabbed my phone off the bedside table and realised it was already nine in the morning. My eyes widened as I sat up quickly, wondering why she hadn't woken me up before since we had to make a plan to get Heeseung out of the hospital.

I heard a male's laughter through the door, suddenly making me curious about what was going on outside. I got out of the bed and pressed my ears against the door, trying to overhear the conversation.

"I never knew you were so funny." The unknown male said, followed by Thea's chuckles. I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering who the hell this guy was and what was he doing here.

"Anyways, thanks for the cupcakes and helping me with the groceries." Thea spoke up, making me slightly happy over the fact that she was trying to end the conversation.

"Yeah sure, anytime. I actually wanted to give you these before but then your house was locked so I couldn't." He said to keep the conversation going. "I live in the apartment just beside you. So if you want something, I can help you out." He added, probably eager to befriend Thea.

"Of course! I'll keep that in mind." Thea quickly said, her voice which sounded somewhat forced, told me that she was actually trying to end this conversation as soon as possible.

"Alright. And there was one more thing—" He began, when I opened the door a bit, now determined to fend him off for her sake.

"Babe, where did you keep my wallet last night?" I called out, peeking my head out of the room and getting a direct view of the main door. The male standing at the door looked in my direction, Thea following his gaze and meeting my eyes. 

"Thank you." Thea mouthed, before pretending to be confused. "Wallet? It must be in the drawer." She said, shrugging her shoulders. I nodded, closing the door again and pressing my ear against it for the second time to hear their conversation again.

"Oh, I think you need to leave—" I heard him speak up after a few seconds, disappointment clearly laced in his voice. "Anyways, I should get going. Bye!" He said, followed by the sound of the door being closed after a few seconds.

Soon after the door of the room flew open, Thea entering into the bedroom and then plopping down on the bed and falling behind on it on her back.

"Geez— I'm sick and tired of seeing people flirt with me." She muttered, letting out a huge sigh of relief.

"Stop being pretty then." I mumbled, without even thinking twice. My eyes widened while Thea sat up as if her head was on fire and whipping her head around to look at me.

"Did— Did the great Park Sunghoon just call me pretty?!" She exclaimed, letting her upper body fall down back on the mattress while letting out a dramatic sigh. "I can now die in peace. My entire existence is blessed." She added, placing her hand over her heart.

"I meant that you are pretty for them, not for me." I argued back, trying to cover up what my idiotic mouth had spoken without thinking.

Duct taping my mouth suddenly did not seem to be a bad idea at this point.

"Really? I actually want to believe you but at the same time I don't." She said, waving her finger in the air as if she was deciding between two options kept in front of her.

"Go with the first option. It's better." I muttered, nodding my head. She hummed in response, pretending to click the left option which I hopefully meant that she should believe me. I rolled my eyes at her, wondering how she ended up being an agent rather than being an actor with that dramatic self.

"Save the rest of your drama for your mama, Thea. Now let's get Heeseung busted out of the hospital."

━━━━━(🍂)━━━━━

"We are in Lee Heeseung's close relations. He had met an accident a couple of days back." Thea spoke to the lady sitting in the reception. We had to identify ourselves in order to meet him, since the hospital had some kind of rules that only family and friends of the patient can meet the patient.

"Can you please tell me how are you related to him?" The lady asked, glancing at me and then looking back at Thea. I noticed Thea stopping for a hot second, probably trying to think on what to reply.

"The man with me is his younger brother, Lee Dohyun. I'm his girlfriend, Lia Miranda." She calmly replied back, turning her head around to look at me as if to say 'stick-with-the-names-I-said'.

"Alright." The lady said, typing our names in the computer in front of her. "He's on the first floor, room 103." She said, smiling at Thea. Thea nodded, motioning me to follow her.

"I thought I was supposed to be your pretend boyfriend." I whispered to Thea while we walked towards the stairs since there was no point in taking the elevator to just go a floor up.

"Wouldn't it be weird that his brother's girlfriend is coming to see him too?" She asked me, furrowing her eyebrows as we began climbing the stairs. "It would seem like I'm cheating on you with your brother." She added, chuckling at her own statement.

"No, it wouldn't. It would in fact say you are a very caring person." I argued, trying to prove my point. Thea looked at me and arched her eyebrow, slightly pushing me with her shoulder.

"Why are you sweating over it so much? I just changed a role, that's it." She said, looking ahead and silently laughing at my argument. We soon reached the first floor and entered the corridor, both of us looking around to find Heeseung's room.

She's actually right, if I think of it. There's no point in arguing about this.

After all, we are just trying to save a few lives and an agency together. Nothing more, nothing less.