49 | backup plan

Thea's POV

"You have got to be kidding me." I muttered, now annoyed at the stubborn behaviour.

Well— not that I blame him, I knew that if he had known the entire thing he would have gladly supported us.

"Now turn around so that I can put on the handcuffs." He commanded, his voice filled with the sense of authority. I moved my head slightly and looked behind him, pretending to see someone I knew.

Luckily, my trick worked. In order to check whether he was being attacked from behind, his attention got diverted as he tried to look behind without keeping me out of sight.

Taking this as an opportunity, I kicked the gun out of his hand and punched him, the male staggering behind as the gun skid across the floor away from him.

He retaliated immediately, his hand a second away from attacking me. I dodged his punch and with the support of the wall jumped on him, my legs helping me keep my balance by wrapping around him while my hands attacked his neck, soon after his unconscious body hitting the floor just after I jumped away.

I took out the handcuffs which were tied to his belt, putting them on the unconscious male's hand with his hands behind his back.

"Damn! That felt good." I muttered, thoroughly enjoying the adrenalin coursing through my veins, since it had been a couple of months I had tackled someone like that. Recalling the purpose as to why I was here in the first place, I starting jogging in the direction of Heeseung's cabin and finally reached it after a minute or so.

After opening the door and entering his office, I managed to switch on his computer and followed the steps I had been told so that I could contact the latter.

Heeseung's POV

"Heeseung?" I heard Thea's voice speak up, as soon as I accepted the call.

"Yes, I'm here." I replied, which assured her that I was all ears for her.

"Plan's ruined. Sunghoon went instead of me I don't think there's much time before we get caught." She quickly spoke up, taking me by surprise since our plan was completely different than this.

"Oh god— remind me to murder him later on." I said, smacking my hand on my forehead.

"Wise thinking. Anyways, we are going with the other plan; the one which we discussed without Sunghoon." I heard her say, to which I nodded slowly to myself.

"How much time can you give me?" I asked her, turning my head around to look at the wall clock.

"Thirty minutes tops." I heard her say, when suddenly a very distant gunshot was heard in her background.

"I need more. Make it forty-five." I piped up, making the female click her tongue in annoyance.

"Then we are going with the distraction which I suggested. You got my playlist?" She asked, wondering whether I had the said thing. I let out an exasperated sigh and facepalmed for the second time.

"We had ditched that idea, Thea—" I began, but she cut me off even before I could finish the sentence.

"You do that or make thirty minutes work, your choice." She huffed, literally negotiating with me in the middle of a situation of life and death.

Well, what else did I even expect from her?

"Gosh, fuck you." I muttered, deciding to go with her plan since I didn't have any better option.

"Yeah, whatever." She said, but this time whispering it into the mic instead of speaking normally. I understood that she must have noticed someone close by, thus had opted for whispering. "I need to go right now to save Dipshit's ass." I heard her say just before the call dropped.

"All the best, I guess." I muttered to myself, internally praying that our plan will work.

━━━━━(🍂)━━━━━

I was busy doing my part in the plan when suddenly the doorbell rang, a couple of loud knocks heard after a few seconds which gave away the fact that whoever was standing there had something urgent to do.

"Who the hell came right now?" I muttered to myself, grabbing the crutches from the side of the bed and standing up, making my way to the main door. I peeked through the eye-hole and to my surprise, saw Jayoung standing there with a very worried expression on her face.

"What the heck are you doing here?!" I exclaimed right after I opened the door, grabbing her by the wrist and pulling her inside in case if anyone who is spying on us saw her.

"Where's Thea and Sunghoon?" She asked, walking around the living room perhaps hoping to find them.

"They're at the agency; today is the day we decided to initiate the plan." I said, observing the female frantically close the windows and the curtains of the rooms. "What happened?" I asked her as soon as I met her eyes.

"There were two people at the reception, asking details about who all had been in contact with you before you went missing." She said, running her hand through her hair which was tied in a loose ponytail. "I overheard them talking at the reception about the address of the hospital your doctor friend took you to before coming here." She added, looking at me intently for my reaction.

I stared at her for a few seconds and realised that she had indeed seen all this, and thus had probably come here as soon as she could to tell us.

"That's really bad." I said, shaking my head slowly as I understood the seriousness of the situation.

"That's why I came here running." She said, nodding absentmindedly. I hummed in response, a part of me touched at seeing her so worried for us, though it meant risking her life by coming here.

"I have a few urgent things to do right now for the plan— can you use a gun?" I asked her, raising one of my eyebrow questioningly.

"My job is to save lives, sir. Not pick up guns." She said, giving me a look which clearly meant 'you-are-asking-the-wrong-person'.

"Anything else? We need to be geared up, you know?" I said, an amused smile on my face as I waited to see what she will respond with. Jayoung glanced at the kitchen and spotted the infamous burnt pan, her hand stretching out in that direction while pointing at it.

"I'll take that pan. It will work as good as your gun."