47 | distracted agents

Thea's POV

"Okay, so we are going in tomorrow to get the pen drive from the communication room so that Heeseung can do his job." Sunghoon finally concluded, while all three of us were seated in the bedroom, discussing the plan in detail. The sun had already set by now, the evening sun giving the room a faint glow.

We had spent almost the entire afternoon discussing our plan and finally after each and every step was taken into consideration and accepted, we had decided to execute it tomorrow since it was not possible to do it immediately right after.

"Gosh, all this thinking has made me hungry." Heeseung stated, making us both crack up at his statement.

"Even I'm hungry— Let me see if there's something good to eat." I said, standing up from the bed and leaving the room.

━━━━━(🍂)━━━━━

I was busy poking my head inside the fridge to find something out of which I could make a dish without burning down the kitchen when I heard footsteps behind me, making me turn around.

"What are we having?" Sunghoon asked, peeking inside the fridge.

"We can have some noodles. There's nothing else in here." I said, taking out the required ingredients and closing the door shut.

"Damn, I thought I was the only broke person here, considering you reduced my bank account status to almost zero the day you asked me a treat." He stated, which earned him a slap on the back of his head from me.

"Please— I barely made you pay that day. Today we were so busy I had completely forgotten that we were running out of groceries." I said, keeping down the things in my hand on the kitchen platform with a sigh.

"Barely made you pay." Sunghoon mimicked me, followed by getting hit by a hand towel on his face.

"If you want to make yourself useful then stay here." I said, washing my hands in the sink.

"Geez, be gentle with me." He muttered, standing beside me and looking down to see if he could do anything. I rolled my eyes at his statement and handed him some carrots and spring onions.

"Cut them into tiny pieces till the time I cook these." I instructed, handing him a knife and a chopping board after which I put some water on the stove to boil it.

I was busy slicing the chicken into small pieces when I felt someone looking at me. Confused, I turned my head around to look at Sunghoon's direction, only to see him cut the carrot without even peeling it.

"You didn't even peel them!" I exclaimed, slapping my forehead. His eyes widened as he looked at the mess he had done, realisation hitting him like a train.

"I'll take care of it, don't worry." He said, grinning in order to hide his nervousness. I shook my head slowly at his dumb self, pouring a small amount of oil on the hot pan in order to shallow fry the items.

Again, I felt someone looking at me which made me look at Sunghoon's direction again only to see him staring at me.

"What?" I asked, knowing that this distracted fellow will just continue to irritate me until I literally kick him out of the kitchen.

Which currently did not seem like a bad idea, though.

He just shook his head and went back doing his job, my eyes lingering on him in case he does something stupid again. I was again occupied with doing my part when I felt a presence behind me, making me drop my knife with an exasperated sigh because I exactly knew who it was.

"You will not let me do this in peace, will you?" I asked the male, resting my hands on my hips as I stared into his face.

"You are distracting me too much from doing my work peacefully." Sunghoon said softly, taking a step forward and reducing to the distance to almost nil, our faces just inches apart. My heart suddenly started beating faster, making me feel slightly giddy.

It's probably the heat affecting me.

Or my heart has suddenly decided to burst and I would be dropping dead any moment in the kitchen.

I stared at my associate, my eyes focused on his face and all those tiny details which suddenly seemed too perfect to be of this world.

"Your pupils are dilating, Agent Park." I muttered, while Sunghoon snaked his arms around my waist, staring back right into my soul. "Is there any particular reason for it?" I asked softly, raising one of my eyebrow playfully.

"I believe we are emotionally attracted, Agent Rivera." He whispered, his lips curling up into a small smile.

"Fuck, you're right." I mumbled before placing my lips onto his and wrapping my hands around his neck, pulling him into a kiss. I felt him smile against my lips as he pulled me even closer by my waist, making my heart literally skip a beat.

My insides almost melted onto the floor when he tilted his head ever so slightly, deepening the kiss. It was neither too passionate or too slow, but rather was the perfect blend of both of them which made it unique.

Both of us were lost in our own worlds enjoying the moment and each other's presence when suddenly, I felt wave of heat on the side of my arm. I my eyelids fluttered open in alarm and out of the corner of my eye, I saw the oil in the pan which I had kept on the stove, on fire.

And just like that, I had to break apart our kiss in order to save my house from burning down.

"Holy shit!" I yelled in alarm, making Sunghoon jolt back in surprise.

"What the—" He almost cursed, standing there in shock while I frantically searched for the pan's lid to put out the fire. Before even I could warn Sunghoon, he did the same exact thing I was afraid of.

The dumbass picked up the pan and kept it in the sink, after which he turned the faucet on thinking it would put out the fire.

But instead the flame got even bigger, threatening to burn down my poor chimney.

"You idiot!" I yelled, literally throwing the lid on top of the pan to cover it. Luckily, my aim was right and it covered the pan, the fire dying soon after due to lack of oxygen for it to continue burning.

Both of us stood there panting, slightly in daze due to the sudden series of events.

"I thought water won against fire..." Sunghoon muttered, running his hand through his hair while his face still said he was in pure shock as if he had just seen an alien come out of an UFO to give him a free chocolate ice-cream sample.

"You should never put water when the oil's on fire— it just get's bigger." I replied, facepalming.

"What the hell was all that shouting about?!" We heard Heeseung yell from the room, clearly confused and worried after listening to all that chaos happen here.

"We burned a pan!" I answered back, while Sunghoon checked on the burnt pan to see whether we could still make use of it after a round of washing.

Cheapskate, who? I know only Sunghoon.

"What the heck— how the fuck can both of you be so distracted? Were you guys smooching your faces off or something?" Heeseung asked sarcastically, probably not being able to comprehend the fact that even though there were two people in the kitchen, we somehow managed to burn the oil in the pan.

Both of us looked at each other, wondering how the hell did he guessed it right in the first try even though he was just being his usual sarcastic self.

The house fell silent for a solid ten seconds, before a weary voice was heard again from the bedroom.

"Oh god, don't tell me I was right about you both kissing—"