43 | soft for a dinosaur

Thea's POV

"What?! Oh no, what will you guys do now?" I heard Jayoung say from the other side of the call after I had finished narrating her the things which had happened since morning.

"We are still planning. But in the mean time it's safer for you if you don't come over." I told her, waiting for her reply.

"But I have to come over again at least once, Thea." She protested, trying to persuade me but as far as her safety was concerned, I was determined not to let her come over in case someone gets to know about her connection with us.

"I really can't help it Jayoung—" I stated when Heeseung cut me off, stretching his hand out in my direction.

"Give me the phone." He said, to which I placed my phone in his hand and sat down on the edge of the mattress.

"Hello? Yeah, it's me Heeseung." He said and fell quiet, perhaps hearing to what she had to say. "But it's not like I'm dying right now." He stated after a few seconds, followed by a chuckle.

"You heard her already— it's dangerous." He added after sometime, looking up at me. He stayed silent for quite a few minutes, hearing to her side of the conversation. "Alright, fine. See you tonight." He said much to my surprise, before cutting the call.

"Mister Lee Heeseung, what is this?!" I shouted, snatching the phone out of his hand. Poor guy looked like a deer caught in headlights as he looked at me, clearly surprised at my sudden outburst.

"She was asking for it so much I couldn't say no to her." He argued back for the sake of justifying his actions. I rolled my eyes, slapping my forehead.

"What is all the yelling about—?" Sunghoon's asked as he entered the room, slightly confused at the sudden bickering.

"He just ignored everything and allowed Jayoung to come today." I stated, looking at Heeseung and giving him the look which clearly said 'I'm-seconds-close-punching-you'.

"You did what?!" Sunghoon exclaimed, looking at his best friend. "Man, I knew you were soft but not this much— who the fuck clicked the upgrade button for you?" He added, grinning from ear to ear.

I swear when I tell you I want to bonk these two idiots' head together three stooges style, I mean it.

"Not like you are not soft for T—" He retorted but unfortunately before even he could finish his sentence, Sunghoon had launched himself off the floor and onto the poor male, covering his mouth.

"What the fuck is going on?!" I yelled, seeing the two guys dramatically fight; one trying to cover the speaker's mouth while the speaker tried to pull off the attacker's hand.

"He—" Heeseung barely managed to let out a word when his face was covered with a pillow by Sunghoon, who did a small victory punch in the air which I managed to notice.

Frankly speaking, I think I have lost half of my braincells after living with these two best friends.

"He was saying I'm soft for T-rex!" Sunghoon breathlessly declared, before being pushed over to the side by Heeseung and getting hit by the pillow with which he had managed to cover the elder's face.

"Who the fuck is soft for T-rex?!" I asked, completely baffled as to what the fuck was even going on in this room at this point.

I could literally feel a headache coming on right now.

God, give me patience to bear these two people idiots for just a few more days. Don't give me strength or else I might end up strangling them.

━━━━━(🍂)━━━━━

The entire house was silent after dinner, three of us just waiting for Jayoung to come so that we can go to sleep later. After the chaotic series of incidents in the morning, the rest of the day was surprisingly pretty quiet because all of us were either busy thinking of a plan, or doing our own work.

Soon after five minutes or so, the doorbell rang indicating that Jayoung had arrived.

"I'll get it." I told Sunghoon, who was busy playing on his phone saying it would help him 'relax' and 'think of a plan'. I quickly went up to the main door and opened it, revealing Jayoung standing there with a bag in her hand and two crutches in other.

"I brought these from my house for Heeseung—" She said, handing me the two crutches as she entered inside. "I had a small fracture in my leg last year." She explained while laughing softly, perhaps knowing I was just about to ask where she had got them from.

I chuckled along with her as both of us made our way into the room. After keeping down the crutches, I walked out, letting her do her job when I saw Sunghoon sulking on the couch, his lips curved into a frown.

"What happened?" I asked him, poking his shoulder with my index finger.

"It's not fair, you know. Heeseung has an entire professional to change his dressing while for me there's a makeshift-nurse bandaging my hand every other day." He stated, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Well, maybe if that makeshift-nurse gives you a black eye— we can hire a professional for you." I indirectly threatened him, showing my fist for criticizing me like that.

"I was just joking! This makeshift-nurse is amazing! Five star service!" He exclaimed, trying to flatter me so that I won't end up punching him.

"Good choice. A black eye would ruin your handsome face, anyways." I said, shaking my head and pointing at his face and making it look like I was imagining him with a black eye and didn't like the result.

"Ah, yes. This handsome face. Very handsome indeed." Sunghoon said proudly, pointing at his own face with a smug smile. "Anyways, I'm going to sleep. Wake me up if something happens." He said, standing up from the couch and stretching his limbs with a deep breath.

"Goodnight, handsome." I said, plopping down on the couch right after Sunghoon walked by past me.

"Ouch, the sarcasm." He muttered, walking away. I chuckled, shaking my head at his reaction.

There's no way I am going to tell him that I was not being sarcastic.