33 | a game of hide and seek

Thea's POV

"This is the room." I whispered to Sunghoon to which he nodded in response. I was about to twist the handle and open the door when I heard someone sob softly. I stopped abruptly, my eyes going wide at the hushed voices and the soft sobs.

"Someone's crying." I muttered, motioning at the door. His face turned into a shocked expression as he leaned a bit forward, pressing his ears against the door.

"Fuck, Heeseung's crying." Sunghoon whispered, facepalming. "I can literally hear him saying that he refuses to believe we are dead." Sunghoon muttered, his lips pressed into a thin line, trying not to crack up. I smacked his shoulder lightly, amazed at his behaviour even though he could literally hear his friend crying.

"Dipshit, this is not funny." I scolded him, kicking his shin. He doubled over in pain while his hand gripped the part where I kicked and began hopping on the other leg.

"What the hell, woman! Get some sense of humor!" He whisper-shouted, scrunching his nose at the sharp pain.

"Get some sense of humor my ass." I grumbled when suddenly the door flew open, revealing a female nurse standing at the door with a confused but slightly worried expression on her face. Me and Sunghoon froze in our places, our eyes fixed at the nurse standing in front of us.

"Uh—Hi?" Sunghoon said nervously, before kicking my leg and indicating me to pull us out of this situation.

"Uh— we are here to see—" I began but before I could finish my sentence, I was cut off by the female standing in front of me.

"I'm sorry but you can't see the patient. He is sleeping." She said, giving us a small smile. She was going to close the door again before we heard a very familiar voice gasp.

"You idiots are alive?!" We heard Heeseung almost shout in surprise from inside. Both of us peeped in to have a look at him, only to see his mouth hanging open and his eyes widened while he half lied down on the hospital bed, his left arm wrapped in a bandage along with his foot which was in a cast.

"Nah, we just rose from the dead. Satan did us a favour." Sunghoon retorted, to which I slapped him on the back of his head very hard hoping it would bring back to his senses. He yelped in surprise and staggered forward, almost falling onto the nurse but fortunately she moved aside just in time.

Thank god she had good reflexes, otherwise both of them would have landed on ground with him on top of her.

Okay, I think I need to shut up or else I'll burst out laughing after imagining it.

"It's so good to see you!" I exclaimed out of joy, making my way to his bed and cautiously hugging him, careful not to hurt him. He hummed in response and hugged me back with his non-injured arm, patting my back.

"Aye, we are matching!" Sunghoon said, showing off his wrapped up hand to Heeseung as he walked towards us. The nurse quickly closed the door of the room so that our voices won't reach out.

"You bloody piece of—" Heeseung began to curse but was cut off mid sentence with a hug which muffled the rest of his string of curses. Sunghoon delicately wrapped his arms around his best friend, placing his chin on Heeseung's shoulder.

I would be lying if I didn't say that my heart warmed up after watching this scene.

"How dare you make me worry so much?" Sunghoon muttered, making Heeseung burst out into peals of laughter.

"Now you feel my pain when you end up in the hospital almost every time." He said, patting the younger's back. "By the way, how the hell did you guys manage to fake your death?" He asked as soon as Sunghoon pulled himself apart from him.

"Well—" I began but I was suddenly cut off for the second time by the nurse, who was patting my shoulder to grab my attention.

"The doctor's going to come anytime soon to check on him." She informed, motioning at Heeseung. Sunghoon let out a really rude curse under his breath, looking around to probably find a place where we could hide.

"Get inside the washroom, it's the best spot." Heeseung said, pointing at the door on the side and motioning us to get going. Sunghoon shook his head furiously, before I grabbed his wrist and pulled him away from there, quickly opening the bathroom door and pushing him inside.

I closed the door and placed my index finger on my lips, telling my associate to shut up before he opened his mouth to yell in protest.

"Why the bathroom out of all places?!" He whispered as soon as I removed my hand from his mouth, his back pressing the wall covered with tiles. 

"Do you have the ability to teleport?" I retorted, my voice barely audible. He thought for a few seconds and shook his head, glancing at the closed door behind us in case someone was going to enter.

I let out an exasperated sigh after seeing him take an entire moment to even think whether he could teleport, wondering why was I even here with him in the first place.

"I swear to lord I can't—" I whispered when suddenly I was cut off mid sentence as he placed his hand over my mouth, intently listening to the voices outside.

"Quiet." He muttered, his hand falling off from my face to his side while he shifted closer towards the door so that he could listen the conversation properly. I stood silently, trying to understand what was going on when suddenly Sunghoon sprang back from the door as soon as we heard some footsteps approaching near the bathroom.

Thinking that we were soon going to be exposed, I panicked and accidently tripped over my own foot. I grabbed Sunghoon's shirt for support so that I wouldn't fall and make a loud noise, taking him by surprise. Fortunately, I didn't fall on my face but apparently the shirt buttons weren't supposed to take the weight of an adult female.

The shirt tore apart as the first four buttons popped off even before I could say 'Aye Macarena'.