25 | tea gets spilled

Sunghoon's POV

"Why did you fake your death?" I asked the man sitting quietly in front of me, his head hung down while he stared at the floor. Dreadful silence hung in the air, as if it was the calm before the storm.

"Because the people I worked with told me to." He responded with no emotion in his voice. I let out a small sigh, since the reason seemed quite inadequate and my gut feeling told me his answer wasn't hitting right.

"I think you are not being honest with me." I deadpanned, leaning back on the chair with my eyes on him. Suddenly, Thea entered the room with a small briefcase in her hand.

"Neither do I." She muttered, opening the briefcase and taking out a syringe from it. She walked towards Mr. Rodriguez and placed her hand on his head, tilting it forcefully.

"I'm being honest, Thea." He muttered, trying to resist her but her strong grip kept him in place, letting her inject him with the liquid in the syringe.

"Zip it." She snapped back at him, taking out the needle from his neck and then keeping back the empty syringe in the briefcase. "How many one-night-stands have you ever had in your life till now?" She asked after a few seconds, taking me by surprise which cause me to almost choke on air.

Well, that was a good question to ask. As far as I knew, more than ninety-eight percent of the people will lie while answering this.

"Nine." He stated, before his eyes went wide upon realising that he was speaking the truth.

"Throw your questions at him. He'll be honest." Thea said, looking at me and motioning towards the latter. I snickered, turning my head around to look back at him.

"I'll ask you again— why did you fake your death?" I asked him, raising my eyebrow. He shifted a bit in his seat, knowing the fact that even if he tries to lie anymore it would be of no use.

"I knew I would get caught by Thea. In order to put her off my tail and reduce the chance of me getting caught, me and the people I'm working with decided it would be better if I fake my death." He replied, not meeting anyone's eyes. I hummed in response, understanding the logic behind his actions. Thea scoffed at his reply, rolling her eyes at him in pure disgust.

"Pathetic weakling." She muttered, glaring at the older who just hung his head down in shame.

At least he had the brains to be ashamed. Otherwise according to me, my associate wouldn't have hesitated to punch some sense into him.

"We know there's some planning going on within the agency to take out the good agents." I began, leaning a bit forward. "You assassinated Mr. Haruno because you and your friends didn't want to be exposed, am I right?" I questioned him. He nodded slowly, licking his chapped lips and lifting his head up to look at me.

"Yes. I was ordered to kill him." He agreed, meeting my eyes.

"How many agents have you all managed to take on your side?" Thea asked him, leaning against the wall with her arms folded across her chest while looking down at the male seated in front of me. Silence filled inside the room as he recollected the information asked.

"Three supervisors and four agents. It's not much since it's pretty hard to influence them but this much can be enough if they are not disturbed in their work." He answered, looking up at her and then me. I cracked my knuckles, clearly pissed at those people who chose to work with these criminals instead of doing good work which they had pledged when they joined the agency.

I looked up to meet Thea's eyes and realised that both of us had the same thing going on in our minds. These idiots need to be stopped before more honest lives are lost.

"Give me those names." I ordered him, watching him shift uncomfortably in his seat for the second time.

"You might not like—" He began but Thea cut him off instantly before he could finish his sentence.

"Tell us the fucking names if you want your head attached to your neck!" She yelled, making him flinch at her sudden outburst. Even I was taken aback, since I had never really seen her so angry and serious before. 

It was a deadly combination and I had nothing against the ex-supervisor to flinch at it. He quickly gathered himself together and opened his mouth to spill the names, hoping not to piss her off any further.

"Bruce Williams, Jessica Blunt, Asahi Nakamura, Hugo Allard, James Scott, Brandon Smith and Neil Anderson."

Thea's POV

I felt my heart almost stop beating after hearing the list of names who were into this conspiracy.

"What?" Sunghoon muttered, his voice barely a whisper. Both of us were clearly shocked at this since we didn't expect two names to be there but instead a different name in their place.

"Are you sure Adam Brown isn't there in the list?" I asked him, cross-checking whether I had heard it right. He shook his head instantly, denying.

"He would never give in even if the entire agency tells him to do so." He replied, shrugging his shoulders. Sunghoon stood up from his chair, running his fingers through his hair as he tried to fathom the piece of information which had been hurled at us.

"It all makes sense now." Sunghoon said softly, his eyes meeting mine.

We were thinking about Mr. Haruno's last words the wrong way all along.

"As far as I know, Neil and Brandon are trying to frame Adam into the conspiracy, since he and your friend, Lee Heeseung, are the only ones who know about this." Mr. Rodriguez added, all his information making sense and completing the entire puzzle.

"It was them who sent people to attack on us, didn't they?" Sunghoon asked him, his voice filled with dread. The older male nodded in response, agreeing to him.

"They plan on killing you both and then your friend, later putting the entire blame on Adam brown and framing him."